• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Chazz6

I'm seeing the 906, in the United States, for $998 in Noyer Walnut Vinyl finish. For the gloss black and prime walnut veneer, the price $1,318.
Fine speakers, and that is a good price for them. I recently sold mine used for $800. I still liked them after several years; I just caught the sealed bookshelf bug for moderate volume in a medium size listening room.

Reactions: wje

Xaviedie

This type of comment is not welcome here
I have owned the FOCAL ARIA 906, they are good, but not as good as the GENELEC 8030C.
I would say that if you are someone looking for the best with unbeatable value for money. The GENELEC 8030C are above all.

There is no debate. (sure value)

Not yet try with a subwoofer, it should be day and night. (Provided you have a well-kept room => reliable acoustic)

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
I have owned the FOCAL ARIA 906, they are good, but not as good as the GENELEC 8030C.
I would say that if you are someone looking for the best with unbeatable value for money. The GENELEC 8030C are above all.

There is no debate. (sure value)

Not yet try with a subwoofer, it should be day and night. (Provided you have a well-kept room => reliable acoustic)
Nobody was asking for 8030c here. You can't go to each speaker review thread and add such comment, it adds no value to the discussion whatsoever.
Sure objectively 8030c might be better, but it does not fit every one. Price, availability and especially look are huge factors. someone might pick 906, and there is nothing wrong with that

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm listening to a pair of 906 right now.
They don't replace my Genelec.
Another purpose. Another room.
But still a lot of pleasure.
I regret I didn't purchase another pair or 2.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just bought a used and dusty pair for 310€ with shipping.:D
Sellers pics:
3f78fb83-c4ce-4841-a6b0-a76c0fcb828e

ef1bcc24-f434-4a98-ac5c-9faa14c883fc

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want to get rid of them for the same price, ping me ;-)
I may!
I bought maybe 10 or 15 pairs this year. Most of them i sold for what i paid for a few month later, some to ASR peeps. If i remember i'll send you a message.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow! Looks great!
Pics are always lower resolution than reality, there will be scratches in the high gloss part, i'm sure.
But that doesn't matter, as long as i can sell them for roughly the same i'm fine.
I'll deliver a bunch of new pics as soon as i have them.

I'd love a set of those
The most important thing is to be patient and have a plan. I usually go to Hifishark.com and save a search, filtered to Europe. If a new result comes up to my search words, they send me a mail and i know something is available.
I have maybe 15 or 20 searches running on different kit, and the money is waiting, so i can decide in a moments notice.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like it with the prices.
Design is of course a matter of taste, but I find this Chora model disgusting. It also does not stand the test of time, otherwise, it would hardly change.
View attachment 262209View attachment 262210
Old post, but i had the Chora 806 in that same color, and mine didn't look like wet paper. Is this some kind of protection film maybe?
I found the build quality and texture of the light wood foil to be very convincing, they looked very nice in my room.
They didn't beat the ATCs nor the KEF R3 i had at the time, but i tell you what, you will have a hard time finding something better for that price. I could see myself surviving with them as my only speakers just fine.

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_180303465.jpg
    PXL_20230609_180303465.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 65

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm actually younger than Erin, and yet disagree with his subjective verdict. Anyway, it looks like somewhat a different speaker to me. Like if Focal has made a few changes, IDK...
You can compare the measurements on spinorama.org, possibly with this link:
It appears starting at around 3kHz we see half a dB more SPL with Erin, at 10kHz it's 2dB, at 15kHz it's 3dB. Directivity is the same, as ist the distortion and everything below 3kHz or so.

It's the same speaker, it's just that the tweeter seems louder, as if the tweeter crossover is done with 18dB on the one and 12dB on the other or something.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Pics are always lower resolution than reality, there will be scratches in the high gloss part, i'm sure.
But that doesn't matter, as long as i can sell them for roughly the same i'm fine.
I'll deliver a bunch of new pics as soon as i have them.

The most important thing is to be patient and have a plan. I usually go to Hifishark.com and save a search, filtered to Europe. If a new result comes up to my search words, they send me a mail and i know something is available.
I have maybe 15 or 20 searches running on different kit, and the money is waiting, so i can decide in a moments notice.
Thanks, I will check out that site! I have a few things I am looking for that I can acquire "whenever" as long as the price is right :)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The wet and cold climate defeated the double sided tape on the beauty rings and covers, so the rather heavy metal rings where rattling against the front baffle during shipping. Luckily it's some kind of textured faux leather, no damage there.

Haven't played them yet, just warming them up. Maybe the double sided tape on the rings will work at room temperature again.

The enclosures itself look without scratches so far. I guess it's still 310€ well spent. :cool:

PXL_20231124_190548140.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some more pics after dusting and wiping, because we like pics and why not.
The double sided tape on the metal rings gave up completely, i need to get replacement stuff. In the meantime i rock mine without rings, not a bad look either:
PXL_20231125_122647375.jpg

PXL_20231125_122708950.jpg

PXL_20231125_122735600.jpg

PXL_20231125_122719414.jpg

PXL_20231125_122901476.jpg

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm actually younger than Erin, and yet disagree with his subjective verdict. Anyway, it looks like somewhat a different speaker to me. Like if Focal has made a few changes, IDK...
I totally disagree with Erin's subjective review of them as well. I have two pairs of Aria 906, in two different rooms, and those speakers are not bright to my ears, and I don't hear any fatiguing sibilance. But I don't listen loud. (For what it's worth, I have a pair of Genelec 8030C, which I find just a bit more detailed and bassy).

My pairs were bought in 2019 and I removed the caps with the tip of a knife, without causing any damage.

jbattman1016

I really enjoy my RSL cg5s, too bad they are no longer being made, I would love to see how they compared to this offering from Focal. I'm a big fan of front ported speakers and this looks like a great option for a stereo system with the RSL 10s.

Top Bottom