• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal alpha 80 or Adam A5x

Magnusdani

Hey guys this is my first post so im not sure how this works but thanks in advance for your help :)

So i bought the A5x’s yesterday but i got an offer to buy a pair of the focals for 600€. Generally the A5x would cost the same but since i live in Norway and i ordered them from Finland the tax will land the price on 800€ which is pretty steep for me. I then Wonder if i should cancel the order and buy the focals instead or if i made the right choice. Thanks!

3125b

Major Contributor
Depends on the purpose. The Alpha 80 are a lot larger, they play louder and deeper, but both speakers have some objective issues. Neither would be my first choice for near field use. For home entertainment at distances of at least 2m though, the Alpha 80 would be much better suited and not a bad choice.

OP
M

Magnusdani

Depends on the purpose. The Alpha 80 are a lot larger, they play louder and deeper, but both speakers have some objective issues. Neither would be my first choice for near field use. For home entertainment at distances of at least 2m though, the Alpha 80 would be much better suited and not a bad choice.
I dont have a big room and i mostly make house/deep house music, i used to have the t5v’s from Adam. But what monitors would you recomend for the 600€ range?

Top Bottom