• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FM & AM Radio Tuner

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Hah. I started down this path, but ended up with a (used) Tivoli PAL!
https://tivoliaudio.com/products/pal-bt-bluetooth-am-fm-portable-radio?variant=33852810592387
Turns out it also works great as a platform for my trackball:>

That's actually pretty cool dude does that thing have a coaxial out for the antenna?

Right now i've been working on my DTV antenna i used spare window blinds (Light metal) and some foil with wire wrapped around it lol and not kidding i get channels 70 miles away at night.

Still having issues with local channels though FLINT has weak amplifiers for their antenna's i did get channel 12 in perfectly but that was with my other antenna with using spare grill tops from random grills we have out in the barn with foil and squares made out of foil and that gets WAY more channels like most of them if i aim it right.

My home isn't very big and i do not have a up stairs. Guessing if i did put these outside and make my own ground it would pick up way more. However birds and wind would ruin the foil.

DTV i find is easier then FM lol.

But i want a killer FM setup too but i also made my WiMax antenna and went from a 56K download speed to a 35mb speed within 14 days and the ping is 32ms.

Perhaps i should get a job in this? I have offers but it's more of a hobby of mine. More of a PC dude but my combination of PC know how and old stuff that i learned as a child really allows me to come up with some crazy stuff. At Levelonetechs they helped me with the WiMax antenna. The Wifi broadcast is only 1 tenth a mile away.

I already read all the info from the cool guys above who posted those links. My brain is pretty much on overkill mode i have PLEANTY of time to keep doing this i will probably sell out and buy a clearstream too but my friends here think i will beat it easily. Gonna get the 4V model.

There's this one Youtuber who makes his own antenna's but he is telling me that Fractal antenna's aren't as good and that doesn't make sense as i read the work from that mathematician and it should beat his setup i want to see for myself that guy does make killer Antenna's though so i know he knows his stuff.

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, it does not. Perhaps others in their lineup do, but mine is also an older one. It does do a good job of pulling in stations (esp for it's cost), but I doubt it'd compare well with 'serious' tuners.
Antennas are interesting examples of physics in practice - worthy of more serious study of electro-magnetism if you are really into it.
Best wishes!

zelea2

Top Bottom