• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fluid Audio Image 2 Review (Monitor Speaker)

uwotm8

the DD8C is cardioid
That does not make them incomparable but yes +1 big advantage of DDs.
Also I didn't start that. Just sayin' 40 Hz F3 may be enough but definitely not a last word in bass depth

Reactions: Zvu

Sean Olive

Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
If you are asking me, yes. :) There is no such signal as a step in music. And your room will create plenty of that ringing.
But there is something in music called the two-step. It requires a speaker with good pace and rhythm

TCM

Been lurking around this forum's pages for a while, thank you for the always great reports and for the useful discussions with members. I have been considering the Genelec 8341 + Sub for a while but, even if at a very different price range, I am wondering if these Image 2 could be a reasonable substitute, maybe especially if/when Fluid Audio will release the DSP correction for it? Or am I really talking nonsense as the sets I mention are so different in performance and target market that it's either one or the other depending on use? In my case Production/mixing home studio.

Top Bottom