• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fluance Elite 2-Way Bipolar Speaker review

Wack Audio

Short Answer: Do not purchase this speaker
Long answer: This particular Fluance speaker sounds like an IPhone speaker on poorly manufactured steroids. The overall sound is flat and raspy, the bass is non existent, and the highs are bright/hollow sounding.
I have tried this speaker with several different amplifiers, however it consistently has the sound profile of a 2004 civic door speaker.
Yes, I know it is intended to be a rear surround speaker but nonetheless the sound is atrocious. It is a lower cost speaker but there are much better alternatives for the same cost.

Attachments

• C992055B-FC28-4BC7-A3D2-58331DB9773D.png
    C992055B-FC28-4BC7-A3D2-58331DB9773D.png
    686.7 KB · Views: 215

darthe

Was looking at these as low cost rear for apartment, what alternatives do you suggest?

ta240

Major Contributor
For what its worth, I don't think they are supposed to have any bass
FREQUENCY RESPONSE130Hz - 20KHz

OP
Wack Audio

Wack Audio

For what its worth, I don't think they are supposed to have any bass
FREQUENCY RESPONSE130Hz - 20KHz
Good point. Still not a speaker I would suggest, the sound it does produce is not pleasant to my ears. Might record a sample and post the video before I use them as firewood.

raindance

Major Contributor
I recommend the Wharfedale WH-2 surround speakers. They've been out of production for a while but occasionally show up on ebay. If someone is interested, I might have a spare pair in my attic. They work well and look good to my eyes.

F

freemansteve

The trouble is with bipolar speakers, one day they are fine, but the next, they are all over the place....

Top Bottom