• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Florida Audio Expo Announces 2022 Show Dates

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I was all set to go and then looked at the vendors. It is pretty much all high end 2 channel. Since 2 channel is dying off, I decided not to go. Two channel is just not worth buying, at any price. IMHO.

Oh and I live a whopping 20 minutes from the location.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I don't want to be out of line, but who would you really want to talk to? It seems that most of (but not all) of the vendors are on our list of snake oil vendors in one form or another. Room after room of snake oil trash. A few decent quality vendors mixed in. Not worth the effort IMHO. Unless I'm not getting this right. If I am wrong then I am open to correction as I have never been to it before. If I went to meet Sal, Amir and others, that would be worth it. But looking at snake oil just makes my liver quiver!

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just go and listen then. The Perlistens are worth it. Tenacious Sound had a great room at Capital Audiofest showing them off and were happy to take requests on all different types of music. I'm sure there will be other great speakers there too. There are plenty of non-snake oil company exhibitors listed as well.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't want to be out of line, but who would you really want to talk to? It seems that most of (but not all) of the vendors are on our list of snake oil vendors in one form or another. Room after room of snake oil trash. A few decent quality vendors mixed in. Not worth the effort IMHO. Unless I'm not getting this right. If I am wrong then I am open to correction as I have never been to it before. If I went to meet Sal, Amir and others, that would be worth it. But looking at snake oil just makes my liver quiver!

You could show up and ask Bob Carver about his magical Crimson 275 amp. :D

I went to the first two. Nice shows, some good sounding systems and some new music. I first heard Benchmark, Chord and Burson electronics and Audeze and Focal headphones there.

I’d love to see Dutch & Dutch 8c, Tom Danley Hyperion, BMR Towers or any Genelec there but I know I probably will not. I’m hoping to hear Dan Clark Stealth headphones at this year’s show.

There are a lot of charlatans hawking snake oil - some of them are entertaining and some are real donkeys.

Martin

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Some of those vendors have the best sound at the show because they are trying hard to impress people with stuff that doesn't do anything. That aside, I have not looked at who is there. But if there are speaker companies, I ask them about the design, how well it is selling, who buys them typically, etc.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I may just go then. It is so close to me that is easy to get to and easy to get home. So, the next question is anyone going to be there on Sunday. I heard from others that Saturday is a total mob scene. I would gladly meet anyone on Sunday. Heck I would even buy them a meal!

ferrellms

There is good music at these shows. And you get access to company engineers to ask questions.
Maybe, but I am not interested in hearing from engineers of mediocre, same-old stuff products. However, it may be fun to hear what the artistic designers and marketing folks of these products have to say, as appearance and hype and salesmanship is where all the "value" is.

As far as music goes, I have plenty of that already, and more all the time.

BTW, if you have never been to one of these, go check it out - it CAN be fun and interesting and something to try -and you can never see too many graybeard orthodontists looking to impress their wealthy friends with the latest fancy-schmancy.

Cheers!

Last edited:

shaynet98

Just go and listen then. The Perlistens are worth it. Tenacious Sound had a great room at Capital Audiofest showing them off and were happy to take requests on all different types of music. I'm sure there will be other great speakers there too. There are plenty of non-snake oil company exhibitors listed as well.
We will have both the S7T and now the R7T, which has the same driver layout and core tech, but at 1/2 the price. I will once again be taking requests.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
We will have both the S7T and now the R7T, which has the same driver layout and core tech, but at 1/2 the price. I will once again be taking requests.
And you are whom?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Shayne Tenace, owner of Tenacious Sound. Sorry, I should have introduced myself.
OK Shayne, I'll proably be there on Sat, You know your room number yet?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My back was giving me fits this weekend and I wasn't up to the walking. :(

Top Bottom