• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Florida Audio Expo 2021 CANCELLED

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I just got this info sent to me by AJ on the canceling of this coming Feb's Florida Audio Expo 2021 :facepalm:
https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/08/05/florida-audio-expo-2021-cancelled/
This is sad news for all Audiophiles looking forward to attending this year.
Here's sending a big THANKS to the organizers for their past and present efforts put forward
I worry for the continued existence of the show, it was really building momentum over the first 2 years of it's production, I'd hate to see it all blow away on the wings of a covid breeze. :mad:

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That’s too bad. I suppose better to make a decision now than cancel at the last minute. I was at the first two and I’ll miss it.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Definitely expected. I chuckle every time I see Head-fi still showing their California "CAN-JAM" in December of this year. Headphone shows are even worse than regular audio shows as far as contact is concerned.

I think the basic foundation of shows of any kind has been cracked for the foreseeable future. We have to rely on other means to get our information exchange than going to a crowded show.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Things will eventually return. Past generations had to weather world wars that lasted years and killed tens of millions. Hopefully our generation can survive the loss of a few audio shows ;)

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Things will eventually return. Past generations had to weather world wars that lasted years and killed tens of millions. Hopefully our generation can survive the loss of a few audio shows ;)
That's so true! I hear folks constantly bemoaning that "things will never be the same again" etc, etc.
My Fathers generation came up during the Great Depression, he join the CCC to send money home to the family to get them through it. Then he fought in WW II for the duration. Look what they had made of the US by the end of the 1950s.
The Greatest Generation is certainly a deserved handle. ;)

A Surfer

Major Contributor
That's so true! I hear folks constantly bemoaning that "things will never be the same again" etc, etc.
My Fathers generation came up during the Great Depression, he join the CCC to send money home to the family to get them through it. Then he fought in WW II for the duration. Look what they had made of the US by the end of the 1950s.
The Greatest Generation is certainly a deserved handle. ;)
Indeed. To be fair though, current generations are very different in the sense that our brains and societies are highly addicted to stimulus and pleasure. Literally our brains would be different in some ways and most certainly we have not been reared with anywhere near the same concept or belief in sacrificing for the common good. As well, the threat of Nazi Germany was very immediate and palpable whereas even now for the vast majority of people dying from Covid or even getting extremely sick is rather abstract so the motivation is certainly lower. I genuinely do believe that many people in many societies are actually addicted to the pleasure consumption brings hence how much more difficult we find giving up these seemingly unimportant things.

Top Bottom