• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Floor Speakers : Illumine HEFA nice measurements inside !

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Just discovered these French speakers : Illumine HEFA These are 2.5 way floor speakers, made in France by Recital Audio.
What immediately caught my attention was the preformance / price ratio that defies all competition.

Price : 2200€ Paired.

You will find all the spec here :

NB : The Illumine HEFA are filtered with 2nd order crossover for woofers and 4th order for tweeters (for a question of power handling and phase matching.) The Crossover has a total of 13 very high quality components (Jantzen Audio caps, air core coils, SMC inductors, Mox resistors).

Here the incredible measurements :

Frequencie response (windowing : 250hz, distance : 1,20M)

reponse-en-frequence-illumine-hefa.jpg

Directivity

directivite-enceinte-acoustique-illumine-hefa-1.jpg

Impedance :

impedance-recital-audio-illumine-hefa-2.jpg

Cumulative spectral decay 15°

CSD-recital-audio-illumine-hefa.jpg

Step response

step-response-recital-audio-illumine-hefa.jpg

Harmonic distortion

distorsion-harmonique-illumine-hefa.jpg

Diaphragm directivity

diagramme-directivite-h-illumine-hefa.jpg

Video :

Last edited:
OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
To confirm these measurements, here is a French review with other measurements :

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor

Darvis

This is not a new French brand and they are little known but deserve to be better known)
First time I'm hearing of them, I'm surprised. Do they own Atoll? (they sell Atoll stuff on their website)

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
First time I'm hearing of them, I'm surprised. Do they own Atoll? (they sell Atoll stuff on their website)

They only distribute Atoll

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Might be ok for a small to medium sized room. But I'm always skeptical when a floor standing speaker only shows measurement graphs down to 200hz.
Doesn't likely mean anything nefarious -- only that the manufacturer is using quasi-anechoic measurements. For Most quasi-anechoic measurements below 200Hz the measurements are not valid. It's a little weird they don't have a near field bass or ground place measurements for the bass though I suppose

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
I have had the opportunity to listen to them a few times, very balanced and clearly do not lack in the bass region.

Thanks really helpful )
What would be the best challenger for you in this price range ?

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks really helpful )
What would be the best challenger for you in this price range ?
You welcome. Honestly, the ratio quality over price is frankly good, due to the direct sales model. The people I know who own then have a tendency to repeat that it's the best purchase they ever made in their hifi life, for what it's worth...

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
You welcome. Honestly, the ratio quality over price is frankly good, due to the direct sales model. The people I know who own then have a tendency to repeat that it's the best purchase they ever made in their hifi life, for what it's worth...

Makes sense ) Given the good linearity of these speakers, I would see them working well with a good Topping LA90)

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Some other pics of the Crossover, It exudes quality, it's obvious

190412104438650237.jpg

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like a smart approach to a slim tower, based on the drivers used (some variation of Seas DXT tweeter and Seas “16”-frame midwoofers).

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
It looks like a smart approach to a slim tower, based on the drivers used (some variation of Seas DXT tweeter and Seas “16”-frame midwoofers).

As far as I know the woofers are made in Norway specially designed for Recital Audio.

Top Bottom