• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fixing and improving the menu toolbar for posting on ASR?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I vote for adding number list. Can drop the paragraph alignment tool. JMHO.
I also vote that we add Multi-quote function. I think many will find that very handy and time saving.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
What do you mean? I can already multi-quote by just clicking “Reply” multiple times.
Yes, but each time you hit reply your thrown down to the bottom of the tread reply box. With “Quote” function, the system does a hidden copy and can keep stacking them until you finally hit reply on the last post you want in the reply chain. Then it sends you to the bottom reply text box with all the quoted posts listed in the order you clicked them. Like how AVS works for instance.

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since early feedback did not indicate major objections to the current desktop toolbox, Amir simply fixed by reinstating ordered lists. :)

Since the mobile toolboxes seem more broken, plan to move onto those soon. First, we need to determine which resolution is serving tablets vs cellphones.

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That info would be incredibly helpful. Although Amir may have access to that if the site is using Google Analytics? That tool provides detailed stats on browsers, OSes, location, etc.

For myself my usage is probably ...
  • 90% laptop (Windows 10)
  • 5% iPad
  • 5% iPhone
In all cases using Firefox.

The analytics seem to indicate that desktop vs mobile is roughly split in half. Only 5% of mobile is tablets. Seems lower than I expect but maybe some tablets simply get classified as desktops.

If mobile is that high, suggests we need to focus on those more as they are more broken than the desktop toolbar.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
The analytics seem to indicate that desktop vs mobile is roughly split in half. Only 5% of mobile is tablets. Seems lower than I expect but maybe some tablets simply get classified as desktops.

If mobile is that high, suggests we need to focus on those more as they are more broken than the desktop toolbar.
That is surprising. It's been a while since I had to review metrics in Google Analytics but one other way to slice the user visits is by OS. To your point it's possible that, for example, iPads are getting classified as desktops. You could verify if that's happening by seeing if the OS numbers line up with the device numbers. (For example: if "tablets" is 5% but "iPadOS" alone is 8%, there's a problem.)

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since thread has accomplished the major goal, going to start another and see if the mobile aspect get more member involvement. Will copy leftover suggestions to the new thread. :)

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes please and thank you.

desktop / laptop...Windows...1366x768

(1) image + URL

Previously, whether image attachment or URL, selecting the image and mouse-over near the bottom caused a pop-up menu with 3 buttons, one being to add a link/URL to the image. It disappeared. And when the image was selected, the Link button behaved accordingly, the URL you entered was applied to the image, iow the URL= tag around the IMG tag.
Eventually, I found out how to switch to "visible BBcode mode"...

...and btw, it does support HEADING 1, 2, 3 tags. I discovered it today, fiddling with large Bold text copy-pasted from elsewhere because selecting it and [remove format] doesn't work like it did before, does not remove format...when I switched to BBcode mode, I saw that it had HEADING tags around it.

(2) Then you get to the PM editor and find that the emoticon button disappeared, you have to do a 2-step each time - click the More button to get to the emoticon button.
...no matter, though; all that's really needed is to type a standard smiley. :)

:) And if Mr. Rees-Mogg were here, I'd ask for his support in demanding that Xenforo stop removing double spaces after full stops.

As do not think your #1 has been addressed, am going to take it up with @amirm before we dive into mobile device changes. Unless he knows how to fix, may have to take it up with Xenforo. Thanks!

Top Bottom