• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First world problem solved

ripvw

Forum Donor
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/where-hell-do-i-put-record

https://stable3333.com/transit-platter

1568332625876.png

boy, am I glad I can't afford to be an audiophile anymore...

nightfishing

I think I'll make myself one. It actually sounds handy. Not $80 handy but $6 at Lowe's handy.

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
who hasn’t spent a little extra on gear that looks or feels better than gear that is just as good? granted, the album thingy here is excessive, but so are shiny bits and blue lights.

mannye

who hasn’t spent a little extra on gear that looks or feels better than gear that is just as good? granted, the album thingy here is excessive, but so are shiny bits and blue lights.

Yeah but the thing should be a $30 cool accessory. Like so many other things in audio, it's priced to insult intelligence.

This popped up on AA last week to similar derision. I do think that a resin version of the same thing all sorts of fun designs could be made and cost like $5 - $10.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you need this, I think the upside down cereal bowl is a better suggestion. Or the saucer that goes under a coffee cup.

More seriously, maybe it is just me, but when I cleaned a record, I left it on the record cleaner until the other disc was out of the way. Or I somehow managed to re-sleeve the disc on the platter prior to pulling out the next record. Somehow I don't think I ever got that mixed up and needed a transit puck.

Speaking of which a hockey puck would be just about the right size for this. Heavy enough not to slide around, a soft surface for the label area, and very easy to screw in something for the spindle if you want it to have a spindle.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I thought it was a Record Clamp.

Top Bottom