• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First review of GGNTKT’s M1 loudspeaker

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Morla

Forum Donor
mouth-watering.. too bad the switch from passive to active with dsp also means you suddenly have spare parts to sell and you buy those parts again but integrated now.

Also in the review they use the analog output of the rme to feed the gegentakt while it has AES input. Not clear to me if the analog path circumvents the internal dac since I would assume the DSP is always in the path after all. Clearly it should be given digital input for best results, no?

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Neat. Sort of another D&D 8C? Cheaper too.

Daverz

Major Contributor
I like the modular design that allows for the simplified wiring of the speakers.

groovybassist

Forum Donor
Great review and actually a perfect design for my living situation, but...a wholesale rewrite of my system and current direction.

HiFidFan

Forum Donor
About $6k/pair, including sound processor & amplification?

Me likey

Last edited:

dwkdnvr

Neat. Sort of another D&D 8C? Cheaper too.

Hmm, I'm seeing it as an extension of the Grimm LS1 idea. Front-firing the 2 are basically the same - wide baffle + waveguide to provide control down to ~250Hz. The extension here is to use the rear-firing woofers to extend the directivity control lower. You're correct that the ultimate effect is closer to the cardioid response of the 8C, but the technique to get there is much different.
Very interesting, indeed.

McFly

KEF better get a move on, they have the gear (LS50W) and the foundation for an Active cardioid R3 that could be a world beater.

LearningToSmile

Very nice. Quite curious about their M2 model, but it's still just "coming spring 2021" on their website.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I believe they are close,

Keith

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor