• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First post

Nikke

Hidi all,

Not sure where to start with this, my first post in the forums. I've been stalking the site for a while now and I am sure I found a place to present oneself that was not here, in the members area. So I'm probably doing it wrong, again, but in good company apparently :) I only skimmed the posts to be honest and while I am impressed by other newcomers (what was I expecting? :)) I'm really here for the Scwience :) not friends. ok, that actually hurt my yandering heart a little. I'll make a scientific sacrifice for the love of life and clarify that I am open to friendship as well as the important things in life, if that's where the ball rolls. It might be time to pick up English as another language again since that rolling ball sounds like its in the wrong court yard. What ever that means. And since I already painted my self into the corner Id like to make it clear that I don't mind what ever team youre on as long as you don't stick it in my face, or try to grab.

And we're off to a great start. VPN account and time travel next. Not necessarily in that order. Time travel, VPN account and then a great start sounds about right.

Lets get to the dirty details. I know, i know, don't ask me how, I just ended up here somehow. Let's be honest; I've been trying to quench my almost insatiable thirst for good audio which has been giving me withdrawal symptoms for almost half a year now. It is the reason I am here, in the midst of my out of character presentation. Actually lets not speak of my character, or selective lack there of. Lets go back to my recent addiction that obviously deserves more characters than the me-monologe, which anyways is full of lies and backstabbing and lies. You just can't trust me.

They're not running so we're probably doing fine on this second leg. Lets keep it.

When I was designing my life I may have confused terrible with terrifying since I have a terrific sense of humor. Can't help it, just the cards dealt I suppose and either way I'll go back and edit this if my life profile thing on the interwebbs becomes a more of a respectable'ish character. I think I put the bar low enough to successfully pull that off if that ever happens and since I am already about half way through my story I probably wont become all that distinguished either.. So for now I'll pretend I am not accountable and that we are infact encouraged to say the most silly htings in the very presentation of one self. Wait, maybe that was the retreat. Hopefully you too can enjoy the fun. The me-monologue fun. lol

Anyways, I'd like to extend a thank you to all of you who help and have helped make the world sound better. Still a bit of target, I admit, but then again, one day at a time. I know, I sound like a funny guy and the things we have to read through before we go on must be killing you, but I mean it, in my own very special way; Thank you. It makes the world a better place. My heart.. ok ok , that sounds cheesy. Lets not go there. You might get the wrong impression and I might have a hard time explaining it.

My audiophile past and present situation is lacking. It is true, I only recognized good sound this winter. May have been introduced to it by another admittedly hooked person briefly somewhere in my mid teens but it did not bite. I didn't hear it, or possibly worse, I didn't appreciate it. So yeah, lets shed a virtual tear whilst we fast forward half a life.

I am trying to fiure out what I need that will provide me with constant eargasms. I am very fortunate in that I can afford to make mistakes, and I know what you are thinking and I supose I would have to hand you that one :) If I don't know what you're thinkin you should probbly stop reading now. That said I am also not wealthy. It is a matter of prioritizing.

I think I have the speakers (I'd tell you all about it but it's a long story and its got a sad ending. Spoiler alert; I feel like I bought the best speakers he had, so his unfortunate loss. But then again if your home is over-filled with audio gear you got to let go. And yeah, he is one of those guys I suppose I would expect to meet here.. In case you're reading; Hi there crazy audiophile guy! ;)

I have three amplifiers and one on its way by mail. I think I should have passed on that last one. So I am still looking for an amp. And yeah, I am looking to build a "separates" system if that doesnt clash with whatever ideas I get. I want the upgradeability and the apparent better sound this offers.
So, one amp is a Sansui 9900AU that is burned, had large rocks dropped on it by the looks of it and internals is covered in 5w40 or something. It is bagged in a corner since I don't have time to fix it. I did spend a few years studying electronics so I should be able to get it working even though I have zero prior experience with audio... Except if you count that time I designed an audioplayer as part of a school project.. Maybe thats where I should have started my presentation. Note for future reference.. :)
The other amps.
One is one in storage that I never tried, was a gift from a buddy I don't know any more and not sure if its a stereo Luxor, small heavy and with weird three pole connectors in the back, like XLR but smaller and one of the pins is flat. I'll hopefully get my stuff together. Maybe even this year..
Another is a priced possession; a Hypex ncore NP252 (not sure if I got the name right) that does not fit inside a Yamaha WXC enclosure. At least not until I get my dremel and then to be honest, the soldering workmanship inside this Yamaha makes me think I should probably think again before I use it for anything.. Mass production something something. So yeah that was the astonishing build I had planned.
The amp in the mail is a Music Hall 35.2 that is the most likely candidate to get my Dantax Utopia 1 speakers running.. I don't know why I bought it. I mean I even passed on a cheaper Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus that has the looks, good reviews, xlr and it was cheaper.

So yeah, learning process it is.

If you made it this far feel free to give thumbs up ;)

Kind regards,
Nikke

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you made it this far feel free to give thumbs up ;)
I did make it that far. :) Welcome to the forum. We are definitely here to keep people from bad sound.... And bad engineering...

OP
Nikke

Nikke

And bad engineering...
Oh nooes they are on to us already :)

Well done and thanks amirm

Top Bottom