• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fink and Epos and industrial design and the importance thereof!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Fink have bought the ‘Epos’ brand from Mike Creek, Fink design decent sounding loudspeakers ( for themselves and OEM for other manufacturers) but please ,please hire an industrial designer.

Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks futuristic but not bad. I like the matched striped wood grain. This big bore 15"er looks beasty and will surely turn the crank of some peeps here.
WM4_3Thumb.png

Last edited:

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Fink have bought the ‘Epos’ brand from Mike Creek, Fink design decent sounding loudspeakers ( for themselves and OEM for other manufacturers) but please ,please hire an industrial designer.

Keith
Took a few minutes to grow on me, it's not so bad. At least, it's different. But I firmly think wood veneer (including vinyl wrap trying to look the part) and plastic/painted metal don't go well together; you either go Genelec or full wood, don't try to mix them.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find them a work in progress. Not bad looking if you ask me. The rest of the stand in black metal ruin the design.. A tripod or 4-leg-stand of the same color would have been better.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought it was Luke Creek who was running the company of his father Mike at the moment?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You are right:
"British speaker brand Epos has been acquired by Karl-Heinz Fink, founder of German speaker designer firm FinkTeam."

Top Bottom