• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Final loudspeaker!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am preaching to the converted!
Full range ATCs would be much more expensive than the 8Cs, we has their active 50’s here for a number of years, until we got kicked off.
Keith
8Cs go to Church,

Last edited:
OP
Jimshoe

Jimshoe

I am preaching to the converted!
Full range ATCs would be much more expensive than the 8Cs, we has their active 50’s here for a number of years, until we got kicked off.
Keith
Yes, I agree. Although unlike D&D I feel there is a buoyant secondhand market for ATCs and a proven support/repair track record (which makes buying them slightly more comfortable. Their technology is however far behind D&D and I suspect ATC are resting on their laurels and reputation somewhat.

Its a frustrating situation. I'd jump on the D&Ds if they were c.£6-7k but nearly £11k is just crazy for speakers I suspect will depreciate horrendously and come from a manufacturer that could conceivably not be around in the long term.

I'm probably asking too much. Maybe I should give them a listen and fall in love (and be less rational)!

Doug

Top Bottom