• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Final Audio UX3000 / Surprisingly good ANC cans

Hephaestus

Just discovered relatively new release from Final Audio: UX3000
Final Audio UX3000

@Resolve posted a measurement on Twitter:

FinalUX3000.jpg

Price for these is 149Eur. Had to get pair and to my surprise I like these more than Mark Levinson 5909.
Lack of an app is the only downside from my point of view. Thanks to AptX LL I can use these for gaming as well.

EDIT: Housekeeping

Last edited:

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you told me 10 years ago Final Audio, makers of exorbitant eccentric artisanal earphone, would create respectably engineered headphones in the crossover market between enthusiast and consumer, I would have dismissed the possibility.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you told me 10 years ago Final Audio, makers of exorbitant eccentric artisanal earphone, would create respectably engineered headphones in the crossover market between enthusiast and consumer, I would have dismissed the possibility.

There may be some degree of OEM / rebranding going on for these :

Other measurements, albeit on different systems :
And if the “AG” headphones are strictly identical to the UX3000 :

I may give them a try but I’m expecting to be disappointed, as it usually happens with ANC over-ears.
I advise caution about interpreting these headphones’ graph above 800Hz where the feedback mechanism most likely stops operating (particulaly in terms of deviation in dB vs a target).

theobserver

Final Audio used to be called Final Audio Design (FAD), and they used to be a remarkable little boutique company with unique and, admittedly, expensive (mostly) IEM products and designs. The EX3000 has an uncanny resemblance to the now old tried-and-tested QC35, a far cry from the truly artistic designs of the now defunct FAD.

pk500

I got a pair of these. The sound is consumer-friendly but refined. Yes, accentuated bass and a slight V-shaped sound signature. A bit of bleed into the lower mids. That's to be expected with almost any ANC over-ear can at this price range. Not bad at all. Enjoyable, especially for $150.

But there's a HUGE negative with these cans that is forcing me to return them: The ear cups are TINY. We're talking PUNY. Final Audio must have used a dwarf elf as its ergonomic model as there is no adult human on Earth for whom these will fit comfortably. These are not over-ear cans; they're ANC on-ears. Uncomfortable as hell. That's not what I paid for.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I got a pair of these. The sound is consumer-friendly but refined. Yes, accentuated bass and a slight V-shaped sound signature. A bit of bleed into the lower mids. That's to be expected with almost any ANC over-ear can at this price range. Not bad at all.

But there's a HUGE negative with these cans that are forcing me to return them: The ear cups are TINY. We're talking PUNY. Final Audio must have used a dwarf elf as its ergonomic model as there is no adult human on Earth for whom these will fit comfortably. These are not over-ear cans; they're ANC on-ears. Uncomfortable as hell. That's not what I paid for.
I was just questioning the size of the cups looking at links in earlier posts.

There is a separate hell for 'phones that fall between over and on ear.

pk500

I was just questioning the size of the cups looking at links in earlier posts.

There is a separate hell for 'phones that fall between over and on ear.
As Joe Strummer sang with The Clash, the Final Audio UX3000 sadly can "go straight to hell, boy ... "

A shame, as the sound signature was really nice for $150.

Top Bottom