• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Filters and ringing

Marc v E

Major Contributor
I don't know much about this myself, but I Iike to learn and share what I have found. Here's a link from Geoff Martin's blog (Tonmeister from B&O) about filters and ringing: https://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/
Geoff is great at communicating a difficult subject in bitesize chunks that are easy to understand.

Last edited:

gnarly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks for that. I agree that he does a great job explaining things.
Link you gave provides perspective into the audibility of ringing & pre-ringing.

( i read the whole 9 article series..good stuff! )

OP
Marc v E

Marc v E

Major Contributor
And in the first post he explains how we can use 1 peak impulse to test all frequencies. The same Amir talked about in one of his latest videos on eq and measurements.
(This is actually the first time I truely understand)

gnarly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And in the first post he explains how we can use 1 peak impulse to test all frequencies. The same Amir talked about in one of his latest videos on eq and measurements.
(This is actually the first time I truely understand)
Yes, I remember when the lights went on and i realized a single one sample pulse can contain every audio frequency.

And then the lights brightened incredibly, when i realized a perfect impulse response (the single pulse), and perfect frequency response (flat mag and phase across the spectrum) are the exact same thing, only looked at from different perspectives.

Top Bottom