• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO's upcoming M17 is something worth watching for (and putting thru the bench test wringer)

OP
M

m8o

Forum Donor
@m8o just like ASR, L7Audiolab depends on its members to send in equipment for testing.
If you want to see measurements for the Fiio M17, consider purchasing one, drop shipping it to WolfX-700, then letting him send it to you.
You can contact him via this email: [email protected]
That may all be true. But to date, my M17 purchase was hinging on first seeing emperical evidence of exceptional performance. That may change, but to date I was waiting to see evidence the M17 was as good as or better than the M15, proven here to be top-notch in the dap category, and not in any way resembling one of the FiiO clunkers that we've also seen tested here. There has been too much variation in FiiO's product performance in the realm of lab/bench test results for me to take the risk with my $1800.

Worth noting too, a lot of people have made the purchase who do not have my caution. Most very happy, some not, like a few posts back. But, implied in my query was a hope one of those owners of the M17 had already done as you outlined; and I was in essence asking if that happens to be the case. Until we get an answer, do we/you know if it is or isn't already the case?

Last edited:

sq225917

Major Contributor
I have an m15, I use it with fiio fh9 and use the peq in nuetron. It's just used as a desktop headamp/dac while at work. The SQ is very good, powerful enough with all iems I've tried. Though you can gear some very, very mild breakthrough when the screen illuminated.

Fortunately I just have it on shuffle all day charging via my laptop, sounds fine.

I've not used any of the streaming or wireless features, I just use it as an android platform for Nuetron player.

OP
M

m8o

Forum Donor
I ended up buying this.

I also bought an E1DA Cosmos. I have no idea what I'm doing with that yet (lol) but will attempt to run some tests against this.

I will also offer it up to our fearless leader here and see if he wants to test it; assuming he can give it priority with a quick turn around.

Top Bottom