• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio M9 as a Desktop DAC and LDAC transmitter to Headphones?

HCT-5808

I'm looking for a bluetooth transmitter that supports LDAC to support my wireless headphones in the office. Lots of DACs work as receivers but not transmitters. The M9 looks like I can connect it to my PC via USB and then use it as an external DAC and then send the audio via LDAC to my headphones. Has any one tried this or have an alternate device that can do this?

glucos

Forum Donor
I'm looking for a bluetooth transmitter that supports LDAC to support my wireless headphones in the office. Lots of DACs work as receivers but not transmitters. The M9 looks like I can connect it to my PC via USB and then use it as an external DAC and then send the audio via LDAC to my headphones. Has any one tried this or have an alternate device that can do this?
did you ever find something? looking for a LDAC transmitter with usb input from PC.

glucos

Forum Donor
OP
H

HCT-5808

I assume not since it's all in the digital realm. Maybe you might see more jitter? Something like the D10s is about $100 and is a excellent unbalanced DAC and spits out SPDIF. I'll probably go this route. Send the SPDIF to the Fiio and send the RCA line out to some powered speakers.

The USB issue on the BTA30 is a design decision maybe by Fiio. They did not implement LDAC for USB as a cost cutting measure.

Top Bottom