• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio K5 Pro or Drop O2 + SDAC

MathewC

I live in the EU and ordered the O2 + SDAC but now see that it only has a US plug and the EU plug will either be $16+$26 shipping, or $23 in an EU store. For this price it will be around the same as the Fiio K5 Pro. I see that the Fiio has a stronger Amp but want to know if the Amp is better, the DAC is better and any other features which are better or different than the O2 + SDAC. Which will give me better sound?

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I see that the Fiio has a stronger Amp but want to know if the Amp is better, the DAC is better and any other features which are better or different than the O2 + SDAC.
The amps are about equal. The SDAC is a bit better than the DAC of the K5 Pro. The only "features" I can think of is the LED around the pot of the K5 Pro, which changes colour based on the input you're using.
Which will give me better sound?
Assuming the O2 doesn't have a pot with audible channel mismatch, they should sound the same.

OP
M

MathewC

The amps are about equal. The SDAC is a bit better than the DAC of the K5 Pro. The only "features" I can think of is the LED around the pot of the K5 Pro, which changes colour based on the input you're using.

Assuming the O2 doesn't have a pot with audible channel mismatch, they should sound the same.
So should I just stick with my choice of the O2 SDAC then? It will probably arrive after September and the Fiio could be quite a bit faster to get.

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So should I just stick with my choice of the O2 SDAC then? It will probably arrive after September and the Fiio could be quite a bit faster to get.
I'm not telling you to do one thing or the other. I'm just trying to give you the information you need to make an informed decision yourself.

jadenphan

Fiio 5k pro is available in EU?

Both of these are not available anywhere in the US. Damn!

Top Bottom