• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

fiio k5 pro and dt 1990 pro , which level gain is the best ?

BraveHeart95

so i bought the fiio k5 pro about a week ago and been using it with the 1990pro
the sound clarity is really impressive , there are three levels of gain and i have been using the one in the middle , the volume is in the middle on the amp and windows 10 volume is about 40

is this the best setup or should i use the highest gain option because i know the 1990 pro is not easy to drive

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Use whichever suits your listening. I cant comment on the k5, but broadly speaking, use the lowest gain setting required to get to your preferred listening level. Some devices have an immediate noise/ distortion penalty for using at the highest gain setting, others dont. If you arent maxing out mid gain , stay there. Or even drop to low , just stay away from the highest volume level and/or unwanted noise or distortion

Top Bottom