• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO K3 with JDS Atom (my slow upgrade process)

Ibp315

So I bought a JDS Atom as my first purchase of my overall system upgrade. I have a FiiO K3 which I plan on using as my DAC, however, is it worth purchasing a different DAC like the Modi 3?

I plan to upgrade my budget SHP9500s to a pair of sennheiser x massdrops. Not sure which one yet.

So to power harder to drive headphones , I think the Atom should be okay. However, I’m worried about the DAC in my setup. Is the K3 suitable or is the modi 3, for example, absolutely worth it?

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why don't you wait for your new amp to arrive, try them together and see how they sound? The K3 measured ok as a DAC, the amp section wasn't up to snuff.
I also ordered the Atom and wait for it to show up, will most likely pair it with my Topping D10, D50 or SMSL SU-8 and see how it measures up to my current way too expensive headphone rig, and maybe sell my way out of the rabbit hole I fell into a few years back, lol.

Top Bottom