• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO JD7

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
New FiiO iem looks mighty tempting.
$65 on Aliexpress atm.
6879441.jpg

I'm really tempted to order a pair and send them to Amrim.
6879437.jpeg

vs
index.php

(Mods feel free to move if this should be in the deals thread)

OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

Well, I should have jumped on this initially. Something in my right earbud just died so I ordered these as replacements. Wound up paying 85$ including tax and prime shipping, but that's still far less than the FH5 these will be replacing.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, the question is ‘when do we reach peak iem?’. I enjoy them as much as the next nerd but it’s getting rather silly imo. They look good though!

asrUser

These should be better than Aria and Truthear Zero I think. Nothing wrong with the purchase.

OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

I've had these for about a day now, and my initial impressions are overall very positive. The shape of these doesn't really fit me very well and the stock cable is kind of janky, but the cable is super light so it helps prevent the iems from falling out. Tonality and detail are superb.

saviour

Hi, looking to purchase this IEM. Do you have other IEMs to compare the JD7 with?

OP
E

Elitzur–Vaidman

Hi, looking to purchase this IEM. Do you have other IEMs to compare the JD7 with?
I also have a pair of Fiio's FH5. The FH5 has a better for my ears, but the JD7 has a substantially better tonality.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Zeros' fit isn't ideal, but it's miles ahead of the JD7.
The JD7 look to have the same shape as the FD5- which is terrible to fit well. One of a few over ear IEM that i prefer to wear upside down (if you get a cable without ear hooks). Of course this pretty much rules out walking/ exercise in them. And by the time you have bought a $20 cable without hooks - makes these a poor value proposition.

Top Bottom