• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this portable DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 83 40.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 108 52.2%

• Total voters

Demir958

iPhone 6s veya Macbook 3.5 çıkışlarında ses çok iyi... Ibasso DC04 çok iyi notlar aldı ama denemedim. Peki btr7 ile denersem telefonunuzun çıkışında sorun varsa belki çözüm olabilir.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
iPhone 6s veya Macbook 3.5 çıkışlarında ses çok iyi... Ibasso DC04 çok iyi notlar aldı ama denemedim. Peki btr7 ile denersem telefonunuzun çıkışında sorun varsa belki çözüm olabilir.
English please. DC04 is just one of the series of iBassos CS43131 based lines and it is deacent but not much more. I mentioned Topping G5 as great with USB and as good as it goes regarding BT as a brick that you put in a pocket and use with BT. It will run pretty much everything from relatively demanding over ears and high sensitive IEM's and unbalanced without pocking with cables or instalation in headphones as I though that's what you asked for (and pretty much gets you covered with great majority of headphones out there).

Ten Protons

Could you please tell me, if I adjust the equalizer on this device via my phone, will I be able to select these settings when I connect it to my computer?

Blorg

Could you please tell me, if I adjust the equalizer on this device via my phone, will I be able to select these settings when I connect it to my computer?
Yes, you can select them (EQ 1/2/3) in the menu on the front of the device. If you want to use it wired with the computer, and have EQ working, you need to set it to UAC1 mode, which limits it to lower sampling rates (this is not a problem, I don't think this stuff is audible anyway).

If you haven't already got it, the Qudelix 5K is a much better device for EQ. If you have, this is how to do it.

Ten Protons

Yes, you can select them (EQ 1/2/3) in the menu on the front of the device. If you want to use it wired with the computer, and have EQ working, you need to set it to UAC1 mode, which limits it to lower sampling rates (this is not a problem, I don't think this stuff is audible anyway).

If you haven't already got it, the Qudelix 5K is a much better device for EQ. If you have, this is how to do it.
Thanks.

Ten Protons

If we compare Qudelix 5k and btr7, which one has a more detailed and analytical sound? I use Moondrop Variations and this question is important to me.

TheShield

I was considering this DAC but after reading Amazon reviews, the issues scared me off. Has stuff like BT connection drops been fixed through firmware?

Also how does the sound and overall volume compare to the SMSL C-200 or DX3 Pro+?

Blorg

@TheShield I don't get notable connection drops on the BTR7. I do think the Qudelix 5K is a better all-round device though.

Power level on this is much lower than the SMSL C-200 or DX3 Pro+ which are desktop devices.

From Amir's measurements:

SMSL C200: 33Ω 1.45W, 300Ω 153mW
DX3 Pro+: 32Ω 1.5W, 300Ω 257mW

BTR7: 32Ω 215mW, 300Ω 83mW

So the SMSL or DX3 Pro+ have about 7x the power at 32Ω. This is about +8.5dB. 2-3x at 300Ω. You very likely won't need that though, the BTR7 will go loud enough for most headphones. There are some outliers that would benefit more from a desktop amp though. What are you planning on using them with?

Top Bottom