• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio BTR5

NoteMakoti

What happened?
I was trying out the EQ and it locked up. Tried to hard reboot and it just kept reboot/crashing in a loop. Now it's basically dead, and it only lights up to show a battery indicator when I charge it.

Jungstar

1% SINAD?? That's unacceptable. Even the $9 Apple dongle has 0.001% SINAD. No wonder Veri perceived this as not sounding any better than an on-board integrated chip.

f51416c9-9133-4e8d-971f-d98a9b7e0bf7.__CR0,0,970,300_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg
I know this is old, but I think all they say is below 1%. SINEAD. What you are looking for is SINAD versus Power. It is a little like measuring fuel consumption without driving speed and also ignoring that it (SINAD/FUEL CONSUMPTION) will change with Output/Speed.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

I know this is old, but I think all they say is below 1%. SINEAD. What you are looking for is SINAD versus Power. It is a little like measuring fuel consumption without driving speed and also ignoring that it (SINAD/FUEL CONSUMPTION) will change with Output/Speed.
to even think that a modern device like the btr5 has a 1% distortion rate..

staticV3

Master Contributor
Every modern device has a 1% distortion rate if you drive it hard enough.
What matters is not that such a rate exists, but at which point the device will reach it.

In case of the BTR5, at 32Ω with Bal out, 1%THD+N is reached at about 260mW:
THDN-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level-@32Ω-BALOut.jpg

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Hi guys, I'm looking into a solution for my car and this guy came up.
I'm wondering, if I'm on iOS and don't have access to the hi res codecs (just AAC and SBC I think), is somethign like this still worth it? Or should I just stick with my 12 year old cars Bluetooth tech (I assume it's SBC because it's the oldest).
I was going to go from iphone to the BTR5 to the aux input of the car. I'd lose BT play/pause skip control on my steering wheel which sucks, so if the SQ isn't increasing a fair bit I won't do it.
As it stands, playing lossless files over my iphone to my cars' built in BT is not bad, starting with a lossless version and then having it compressed to lossy format over (I assume) SBC is much better than starting with a lossy copy and then it being compressed again for BT transmission it seems.

Top Bottom