• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio btr1k laymen noob review

gwertheim

Hey all,

Just opened up the Fiio BTR1K

https://www.fiio.com/btr1k

Upon opening the package I see the device which is the size of a thumb and made of metal. Upon picking it up, I can feel the build quality and the attention to detail. Using a original Google Pixel xl, it was easy to connect, the status light let me know when it is in search mode.

I plugged in my m50x's and turned on a playlist I use when I am on a bus or the subway. I flip through some rolling stones and fat boy slim to be greeted with a higher level of sound quality than I am used to on my phone. I get up and walk around my condo 900 sq ft with some concrete walls in the way and the sound stayed consistent the entire time with no studdering or drops that usually come with Bluetooth headphones. I walked to every corner and even down the hall with absolutely no issues. I then came back and watched some CES coverage and the video and audio is perfectly in sync as if I have that physical connection.

This one is a keeper when I upgrade to a pixel 3 xl.

OP
G

gwertheim

Upon further inspection, the casing is 75% metal and 25% plastic

Graph Feppar

Can you use it with PC to hear not just things like Tidal streaming but realtime sounds from games? I would love to have miniature portable wireless loseless soundcard for Windows 10.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
U can if ur PC (laptops do) has bluepoop. But if u r gaming - there will be latency. Plus another device to charge. Plus degraded sound quality. Now, think again, do u need it?

charlyarg

I think the plastic (vs metal) helps BT transmission? I read that somewhere.

Very nice user review, just what I needed. I did use a Nexus 6P until the bootloop thing hit me, and now I'm on a Moto G5+ nice little inexpensive phone but audio ain't good. And the K1 I used with the Nexus 6P refuses to work (USB Audio pains). For now I'm using a FiiO A1 and it improved a lot! But ordered a BTR1K and will have in 10 days or so. Eager to try it out!

About gaming:
In theory (not an expert at all) from what I read in a YT review, BTR1K would do great for gaming (same as BTR3 I think) because of the support of Aptx-LL, but yeah in general I'd go for wired in that case. Not that I do gaming at all (I suck!).

1547245294926.png

OP
G

gwertheim

First off LOVED my 6P! This is not a gaming product by any means. It's primarily for music and YouTube, gaming is totally different

charlyarg

First off LOVED my 6P! This is not a gaming product by any means. It's primarily for music and YouTube, gaming is totally different
Yeah the 6P rules! I'm trying to have someone fix the bootloop to use it as secondary device at least :) Oh yeah you're right music and youtube, that's a fair appreciation I think. Gaming is something else.

Top Bottom