• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

figure of 8 power cord and phase problems

Rantenti

Hello all,

My active speakers uses figure of eight power input. I am unable to differentiate which hole of the power cord is live and which is neutral. Will it cause phase problems or any problems if I plug the cord the "wrong" way on one or both of my speakers? Thanks!

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello all,

My active speakers uses figure of eight power input. I am unable to differentiate which hole of the power cord is live and which is neutral. Will it cause phase problems or any problems if I plug the cord the "wrong" way on one or both of my speakers? Thanks!
Is it the power cord connect to the wall? If it is power cord before the electronics turning AC to DC then which way should not matter.

RHO

Major Contributor
No.
If it would there would be a clear indication for how to plug in the cord. Internally the AC will be converted to DC anyway.

OP
Rantenti

Rantenti

Thanks for your super quick replies!
A reassurance indeed :)

Top Bottom