• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Fight club" subforum is closed and hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just a note for the old timers who used to frequent the "Fight Club" subforum that I just closed and removed it from membership. It was an experiment that helped some when we first started the forum but has way outlived its usefulness.

Personally I like to find a way to have discussions about politics, etc. but I don't know how to keep it civilized and have its value be above the damage it causes to relationship between members. It is as if many people become different folks the moment they participate in these discussions. Sigh.

Moving forward, I want to make sure those discussions don't get created elsewhere. Please refrain from the usual hot topics of politics, religion, etc.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Iv a idea , now FC was populated by a small number of folks when it came to these social political threads, you can all pm each other and creat a WhatsApp group chat and carry it on.

Moderating those threads , or the work load for me was never the issue btw. We are now observing ‘ barber’ rules.

Cheers .

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Personally I like to find a way to have discussions about politics, etc. but I don't know how to keep it civilized and have its value be above the damage it causes to relationship between members.

My Audio Buddy and I are diametrically opposed politically, as far as many of the current batch of complaints spun for our digestion.

But we've been close friends since about 1980, and I don't remember having a fight about anything, despite his utter failure to accept any tenets of my ideology..

dc655321

Major Contributor
But we've been close friends since about 1980, and I don't remember having a fight about anything, despite his utter failure to accept any tenets of my ideology..

But, have you and your Audio Buddy ever tried arguing with each other anonymously and remotely (from one another)?

It's easy to be a dick when you don't have to look another human being in the eyes...

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Fight Club was fine. Some more recent members are the problem. Forum IQ and EQ is in decline. Let's fix it.

Standards vs member numbers??
hide.gif

Wombat

Master Contributor
'I don't wish to discuss it' A very American 'don't make waves'(politeness) thing. "Be nice", just bury it until it surfaces again.

Addressing 'root cause' takes more effort but usually gives a lasting solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom