• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Sade. Lovers Live. The whole album.

Edit: The studio versions are a better test of a sound system, more "perfect" performance and recording, but my answer is still "Sade".

Last edited:

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
1622046274363.png

The Erato CD can be streamed on Amazon Music at https://music.amazon.com/albums/B073LSN8SP?ref=dm_sh_143c-41e9-c5b1-2803-f0c76

Part 1 of the CD is here:

A live performance of the entire work (plus other works) by Les Arts Florissants is here:
(The voices are gorgeous, but in Part 1, I could do without the gesticulations from Gwendoline Blondeel... YMMV.)

BeepPeep_61

My listening proposal for this evening ...

Jana Herzen - Live

Artist: Jana Herzen
Album: Live
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Motema Music
Released: 2021

Tracklist:

Nothing But Love (4:11)
Speak (5:52)
On the Outside (4:18)
My Latin Love (5:31)
Night Blooming Jasmine (5:49)
With an Open Heart (4:43)
Lightening the Load (3:20)
Like a River (4:43)
Thinking of You (5:09)
Precious Air (6:16)
In the Name of Love (6:28)

Personnel:
Jana Herzen - vocals, guitar, music & lyrics
Charnett Moffett - fretless electric bass guitar
Brian Jackson - piano, keyboards (#1,5,9-11)
Corey Garcia - drums
Irwin Hall - tenor saxophone (#1,5,7,8,10), alto saxophone (#3,11), soprano saxophone (#6), clarinet (#4), flute (#9), alto flute (#2,5)
folder.jpg

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
One of my favorite recent Musicals. The whole movie is incredible and filled with song and dance.

Yes, fantastic movie. Rebecca Ferguson doesn't actually do her own singing, but when I saw this at the movie theater, I didn't know that, and this song brought tears to my eyes. Yes, I'm a sappy guy.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For people who like Mari Boine:

Regarding Mari Boine, her song "It sat Doulmma Mu" gives a special feeling.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 132087

The Erato CD can be streamed on Amazon Music at https://music.amazon.com/albums/B073LSN8SP?ref=dm_sh_143c-41e9-c5b1-2803-f0c76

Part 1 of the CD is here:

A live performance of the entire work (plus other works) by Les Arts Florissants is here:
(The voices are gorgeous, but in Part 1, I could do without the gesticulations from Gwendoline Blondeel... YMMV.)

Thank you for your info on this nice CD.

Do you know early-music/baroque soprano singer Kumi ARATA? I shared her CDs at here and here. Please PM me if you are really interested in hearing Kumi ARATA's five CDs.

Top Bottom