• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Peterinvan

I have been enjoying Taylor Swift’s new album Midnight. She has creared some new melodies, which is a refreshing change from other pop artists copying each other with heavy synth bass and sound loops.

I just which Taylor didn’t feel the need to F bomb us with distracting expletives.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
1668027146575.png

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unnamed musicians on the YouTube channel "D.R.A.M.A." with a mesmerizing interpretation of Shervin Hajipour's moving song "Baraye". The close-miked singer's voice and delivery are spellbinding. Wish I knew her name so I could listen to every song she has ever recorded.

For an English translation of the lyrics, see for example my post of Shervin's original song on page 8 of the "Male Vocals" thread on ASR:
Shervin Hajipour singing his song Baraye

Last edited:

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Unnamed musicians on the YouTube channel "D.R.A.M.A." with a mesmerizing interpretation of Shervin Hajipour's moving song "Baraye". The close-miked singer's voice and delivery are spellbinding. Wish I knew her name so I could listen to every song she has ever recorded.

For an English translation of the lyrics, see for example my post of Shervin's original song on page 8 of the "Male Vocals" thread on ASR:
Shervin Hajipour singing his song Baraye

ivayvr

One of my all time favorites Return to Forever, singer Flora Purim and it is a very nice recording. I guess it does not hurt that is an ECM album.
Unfortunately, it is only available at You Tube prime music but you can find it on Spotify:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
christine mcvie

imo probably the more talented female singer in the band

the songbirds are singing

pderousse

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
could you share the platform you made the screengrab from?
Home brew. Python server searches Tidal API, sends desired album to WiiM Mini via UPnP, polls WiiM Mini via UPnP for currently playing item. Reviews and bios from Tidal, or cut 'n' pasted into UI from other sources, saved to local SQLite DB. Standard HTML, Javascript and CSS for the UI. I may put it up on github if it's ever "finished", but it's limited to Tidal+WiiM users.

Top Bottom