• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Barb Jungr
Man in the Long Black Coat (Barb Jungr Sings Bob Dylan)

https://www.allmusic.com/album/man-in-the-long-black-coat-barb-jungr-sings-bob-dylan-mw0002123616

1543604206540.png

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is what I hope to be one of a new of super valuable music threads where we highlight music that is exceptionally recorded and is a joy to listen to. The latter of course varies from person to person but let's only post music we really like, not just because it is "hi-fi."

To that end, let's start with female vocals since that is often used to evaluate equipment. And at any rate, it is one of my favorites things :).

And let's make sure it is easy for members to sample and buy this music. In all cases please type in the name of the track, album, and artists. Album art is great but is not searchable in all cases.

When you can't, put in a link to some place where the music can be sampled. If you don't, don't be surprised that I edit your post to add that :). Which is fine by me by the way if you don't want to take the time to do it.

Thanks everyone.
Ronnie Gilbert

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
At this point in time the what are we listening to right now thread is sort of saturated by maty so a very good recording and artist if you never heard of her IMO and all that Juli Fabian & Zoohacker nothing to lose my dear and other song is jazz and wine

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For Blues lovers (there are a few out there):

Laura Cox Band: Hard shot blues
I wanted to buy the CD but it so over compressed that I stay with the youtue stuff.:(

Also nice:
Laura Cox & Gaelle Buswel: Can't You See

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Gentle Storm: The Diary

The gentle version:

The storm version:

Here are two live performances:

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, great thread! Lots that I will have to listen to.

Top Bottom