• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is what I hope to be one of a new of super valuable music threads where we highlight music that is exceptionally recorded and is a joy to listen to. The latter of course varies from person to person but let's only post music we really like, not just because it is "hi-fi."

To that end, let's start with female vocals since that is often used to evaluate equipment. And at any rate, it is one of my favorites things :).

And let's make sure it is easy for members to sample and buy this music. In all cases please type in the name of the track, album, and artists. Album art is great but is not searchable in all cases.

When you can't, put in a link to some place where the music can be sampled. If you don't, don't be surprised that I edit your post to add that :). Which is fine by me by the way if you don't want to take the time to do it.

Thanks everyone.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
First track in my Female Play list is: Claire Martin's Too Much In Love To Care

I bought my high-res version from Linn Records: http://www.linnrecords.com/recording-too-much-in-love-to-care.aspx

MI0003332908.jpg

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amir wrote "it is one of my favorites things"
So here is a quiz for everyone: what song has the following lyric?: "These are a few of my favorite things"
iridium

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Next in line is the delightful track and classic, My Favorite Things by Korean Jazz singer, Youn Sun Nah, from her album, Same Girl

41urVsltFBL.jpg

My version is 88/24 high-resolution version I purchased from HDTracks: http://www.hdtracks.com/youn-sun-nah-same-girl

No lisping. Simple and delightful recording.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Going down my list I land on another track from Nneena Freelon's Soulcall album, Button up Your Overcoat

We are talking about superbly recorded drums that are shaking my seat as I type this despite their tightness. Full jazz ensemble like you have not heard. And music that makes you want to tap your shoes.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Amir wrote "it is one of my favorites things"
So here is a quiz for everyone: what song has the following lyric?: "These are a few of my favorite things"
iridium
We only had one console stereo, an old grundig (which certainly had that fat tube sound, all tube unit) , and my sisters played the sound of music soundtrack until even I knew and liked many of the songs. And I did like the movie at the time, it actually had kids in it, like I was at the time.

JoeWhip

Virtually anything by Tierney Sutton. Her latest Paris Sessions is superb. She is of course better live and I have had the pleasure to see her quite a few times in NYC. Her band is superb too.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Me too...Madeleine Peyroux. ♥ ...And Joan Osborne too. ♥
There are many albums I love from female singers; here are just very few of them from my love music collection:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Last edited:
Top Bottom