• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fellow audio enthusiasts are invited to Technics New Product Preview/Listening Party

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Value Electronics is proud to partner with Technics for an advance preview event of the SP-10R and SL-1000R Turntables launching this Summer.

The public is invited to join us Saturday, May 19, 2018 from noon to 5pm for Technics Reference quality listening party at ValueElectronics.com. 35 Popham Rd, Scarsdale, NY.

The featured guest presenter will be Bill Voss, US Business Development Manager for Technics. Bill will be demonstrating and discussing Technics’ latest introductions for 2018, the Reference Class SL-1000R/SP-10R Turntables.

This special event presents an advance preview of Technics new “Reference Class” turntables that are scheduled to arrive this Summer. Be among the first to see and hear the new SL-1000 Turntable connected to Technics Reference class Amplifier, the amazing SE-R1 powering Technics Reference class Floor standing Loudspeakers, SB-R1.

Bring your favorite record and hear what's really in those grooves.

We’ll be serving hors d’ oeuvres, cheeses, fine wines and assorted beverages. Hope to see you there!

d8037ab7b650852dcffecbc75205f899.jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Everyone, Robert is a great guy and old friend of mine. He runs fantastic events like this (he hosted us when I was at Microsoft). So if you are in the area, drop by, have a great time on us, and report back what you heard!

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Value Electronics is proud to partner with Technics for an advance preview event of the SP-10R and SL-1000R Turntables launching this Summer.

The public is invited to join us Saturday, May 19, 2018 from noon to 5pm for Technics Reference quality listening party at ValueElectronics.com. 35 Popham Rd, Scarsdale, NY.

The featured guest presenter will be Bill Voss, US Business Development Manager for Technics. Bill will be demonstrating and discussing Technics’ latest introductions for 2018, the Reference Class SL-1000R/SP-10R Turntables.

This special event presents an advance preview of Technics new “Reference Class” turntables that are scheduled to arrive this Summer. Be among the first to see and hear the new SL-1000 Turntable connected to Technics Reference class Amplifier, the amazing SE-R1 powering Technics Reference class Floor standing Loudspeakers, SB-R1.

Bring your favorite record and hear what's really in those grooves.

We’ll be serving hors d’ oeuvres, cheeses, fine wines and assorted beverages. Hope to see you there!

d8037ab7b650852dcffecbc75205f899.jpg

Man, I seem to fall into a gap in the Technics market.

I love the technology of the reissued 1200 series, but don't want something that looks like a DJ turntable....at any price point.

Love the looks of the SL-1000R, but wish they would make a model that sold for about $5,000ish and came with no arm so I could choose my own according to the cart I want to use.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Technics offers the SP-10R deck, same as the SL-1000R, but no tone arm and no plinth base for $9k.

11a32d231d6c14f52ee85ab43e27aebc.jpg

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I sorely wish those guys would resume making those fantastic MM cartridges of the '70s and '80s. The EPC100C mk4 is still far and away the best I've ever used and arguably the best phono cartridges ever made.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The problem with used (or even NOS) ones is that the suspensions have aged and tend to collapse pretty quickly. Between one of my friends and me, we've averaged about 1-2 hours of use on NOS cartridges and styli before they go to Transducer Heaven.

The Ortofon you mentioned has a much higher DCR and inductance than the Technics. I didn't see an effective tip mass, but I'll bet a couple of paychecks that it's also significantly higher.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
I'll ask my Technics contacts what they recommend and get back here.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I would give several vital organs for a shot at an actually new EPC100-4. ;) Consolation prize would be an EPC205V Mk 3.

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Thanks ^ for explaining. Yes, with this SP-10R option you would need to also add the plinth.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Everyone, Robert is a great guy and old friend of mine. He runs fantastic events like this (he hosted us when I was at Microsoft). So if you are in the area, drop by, have a great time on us, and report back what you heard!
Should be moved to the Dealers header no?

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
Just finished setting up the SL-1000R with our Technics Reference amp and speakers. We've been playing my favorite records and we're having so much fun I just don't want to go home! :cool:

Our guests are guaranteed to enjoy the one of the best 2-channel systems that will be remembers for many years to come.

tn_480_b5309de534f9d204da604961c3b3696a.jpg.png
tn_480_9f9c173bee6d9db4680cc7a3178bb4c4.jpg.png

OP
Robert Zohn

Robert Zohn

Dealer
We moved 7 years ago to a beautiful flagship store in the Village of Scarsdale, NY. Just 3 blocks from our original store that we enjoyed for 16 years before moving to the new showroom in the downtown shopping Village.

Top Bottom