• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Feature suggestion: ASR "Insider Club"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We've recently seen some poor reviews of headphones which many people owned. Now, I am glad ASR is providing a service to the general public, but a poor review of equipment can tank the resale value of a set of headphones. On the flip side, a good review of an inexpensive unit can increase the selling price in the marketplace.

This is where ASR Insider status comes in. One week prior to a review, Amira privately informs ASR insiders that a product's market price will go either down or up, giving current owners time to recoup their expenditure, or other people time to buy the product before prices go up.

I am not sure what the monetary value of this information is, but it is surely more than nothing, and represents an easy and ethical way for ASR members to support the forum.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
One week prior to a review, Amira privately informs ASR insiders that a product's market price will go either down or up, giving current owners time to recoup their expenditure, or other people time to buy the product before prices go up.

Is it just me, or does this sound a bit unethical?

Koeitje

Major Contributor

stumper3819

Forum Donor
LOLOLOL, I'm still focused on stopping the steal! LOLOLOL Unethical is being very polite!

OP

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To anyone who says this is unethical; Amira does objective testing, so his ratings reflect don't reflect his interests but rather the objective value of the product in question.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
To anyone who says this is unethical; Amira does objective testing, so his ratings reflect don't reflect his interests but rather the objective value of the product in question.
Its not the objective testing part that I find troublesome, nor his ratings for or against. Its the part about giving advance notice to selected people before the review is published. But I think I'm just stating the obvious. This kind of thing happened (happens?) with review sites and magazines in general - its still sketchy. I sure don't want to see this site damaged by self-inflicted wounds.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
One week prior to a review, Amira privately informs ASR insiders that a product's market price will go either down or up, giving current owners time to recoup their expenditure, or other people time to buy the product before prices go up.

Feels like bad Karma...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom