• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FDA Home theater with audio splitter/cutter

Madslide

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine equipped with a 5.1 home cinema audio system (Monitor audio) recently tested one of my full digital amplifiers (SMSL AD18) on his front columns speakers.

Now he is totally delighted with the sound quality compared to his big Marantz home theater amplifier. It seems there is no home theater FDA on the market so I would like to know if there is a component that can cut the 5.1 audio sound to send it digitally to 3 separeted amp in order to create an FDA home cinema ?

I insist on the fact that this signal cutting process must be done so that the 3 outputs (Front / central / rear) are digital (USB or SPDIF or Optical) if we want to keep the advantages of the full digital amplifier.

Is such component is already existing ?
Thanks for him

ppataki

Major Contributor
If the source is a computer you can use an RME DigiFace USB interface that has 4 SPDIF outputs (8 channels) that you can feed to FDAs accordingly for a home theater application
I have tried this in the past and it works like a charm

Top Bottom