• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Favorite Super Bowl commercials 2019

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Which one is the best? Mine:

Vegan Dinner Party!!!!
1F89315C-761E-4438-BBD0-F68721BD269B.png

17AB3C28-4B55-44D8-BC6D-034533387C69.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The DVR is recording it and I expect to be skipping them all...

*checks the schedule

Probably skip the halftime show too.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Wait until the game is over.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I worked on the Kia commercial, although it's not my favorite. The Hyundai elevator is quite good. I like the Jeep one too.
I love what Kia and Hyundai are doing. I think they are the hitting it out of the park. I love the way the Telluride looks.

Webninja

Forum Donor
I love what Kia and Hyundai are doing. I think they are the hitting it out of the park. I love the way the Telluride looks.
Thank you! Yes the Telluride drives as good as it looks. I think the biggest issue Kia has is the perception of the brand being a low-cost or "value" brand, and they have a challenge to get people to consider their higher priced offerings.

Webninja

Forum Donor
I have never seen the superbowl or know anything about it but I hate commercial breaks and generally only watch TV which doesn't have any!
Funny part is I don't watch TV at all. I cut the cord so to speak 10 years ago, and usually only watch Prime and Netflix for movies. The Super Bowl is an exception, and the ads, due to their extreme costs, are as much a part of the entertainment as the game.

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Thank you! Yes the Telluride drives as good as it looks. I think the biggest issue Kia has is the perception of the brand being a low-cost or "value" brand, and they have a challenge to get people to consider their higher priced offerings.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26125799/2020-kia-telluride-price-trim-levels/

It looks like the most one could pay for the Telluride is about $47,000. Based on what i've seen, it looks like Kia is offering a large luxury SUV for Ford Edge pricing. That's pretty compelling. I recently drove a 2019 Santa Fe 2.0t ultimate. There's very little difference between that and a lot of luxury SUVs.

Last edited:
OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
as a Rams fan the game sucked...

best commercial was Bud Light: Game of Thrones

That one confused me. I’m still not sure whether it was a bud light commercial or a game of thrones trailer.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26125799/2020-kia-telluride-price-trim-levels/

It looks like the most one could pay for the Telluride is about $47,000. Based on what i've seen, it looks like Kia is offering a large luxury SUV for Ford Edge pricing. That's pretty compelling. I recently drove a 2019 Santa Fe 2.0t ultimate. There's very little difference between that and a lot of luxury SUVs.

Fifty grand for an old-fashioned ice truck in 2019? No thanks. That's in the likely ballpark of a Tesla Model Y.

As for the commercials, Handmaid's Tale first (though it likely flew over a lot of people's heads), then Washington Post.

Verizon worst simply because of the abject hypocrisy. You can't say "we love first responders" when you try to extort firefighters.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I have never seen the superbowl or know anything about it but I hate commercial breaks and generally only watch TV which doesn't have any!
Screw the disrespectful kneelers and the conference they play for.!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I set the DVR, and about a third of the way through the live telecast started "watching" the recording, here at the desk, with my back to the TV.

Skipped commercials when I heard them come up.

Watched the halftime show with a puzzled look on my face.

Turned around a couple of times to see what the score was.

Don't remember any announcer/game/fan noise that caught my attention and made me turn around to see what was happening.

Deleted the recording.

Who won?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom