• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Favorite Drummers

Larry B. Larabee

John Maher-Buzzcocks-Nothing Left

soundofsingle

Nigel Preston

Budgie

Doktor Avalanche (Drum Machine)

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dave Grohl once again being awesome. Winning over Sean Evans on Hot One's this week.

krumpol

I'll toss in a name less known in the world - Slovak musician Martin Valihora. Jazz highbrows probably recognise him, since this man circles around jazz sessions all around the globe for some time. Here's nice footage from broadcast studio (RTVS FM) where Valihora meets local rock band drummer Tornad in mixed style session:

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bernard Purdie (the Purdie shuffel)

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dave Grohl once again being an outstanding human being and ambassador for rock music.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One of my favourites is Billy Cobham. He can lead with either hand. Dennis Chambers.

Ed the Dog

I'd rather light a candle than curse your darkness. Here are a few missed:
Joseph Zigaboo Modeliste - The Meters
Clyde Stubblefield - James Brown
George Hurley - Minutemen

akamatsu

Bruce Mitchell - The Durutti Column
Manu Katché - Peter Gabriel

Not the 'best" drummers to be found on top ten lists. They just make music and I like the music they make.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
I never really rated Palmer, thought he was a bit of a thoughtless basher, but the second half of that solo's made me think again. I'll have to look further.

Pierre van der Linden (Focus) has always been my favourite - and he's another who's still got it, now at 76. Check out any of the 2022 Focus concerts posted on YouTube to see a true master at work.

I've enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing just how much has been done and is being done with drums. Thanks to everyone!

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Evelyn Glennie who's is not only an astounding percussionist but also profoundly deaf ...

Top Bottom