• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fate of the Furious has the Biggest Opening Ever

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amazing. Had no idea the franchise was this strong still: http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/16/media/fate-of-the-furious-box-office/index.html

"The Fate of the Furious" crossed the finish line on Sunday as the biggest global opening in movie history.
The eighth film in the popular "Fast and Furious" franchise raced to an estimated $532.5 million box office opening around the world this weekend, according to its studio Universal Pictures.

That total beats the global record held by Disney (DIS)'s "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," which made $529 million worldwide its opening weekend in 2015.

---

Good video on "why" in that CNN link.

edd9000

I have been taking my young boys along to these since Fast and Furious (confusingly part four). They are fun movies with great action sequences, and an impressively diverse cast. We usually end up quoting the one liners for many weeks after.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Will probably catch it in the next day or two. Maybe wait till next week and the crowd thins out some, but I want to see it at the IMAX before it gets rolled out and they don't get to stay on the big screen long. Something wrong with the website right now and I can't check or pre purchase my tickets? We'll see ------------

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Went to see the IMAX 2D release tonight, 5+ STARS!
Most fun I've had at the movies in a long time. From start to finish everyone in the audience was either jumping, ducking, laughing, or making a comment to themselves or the screen. All the while boppin their heads to some very appropriate tunes . Gorgeous cars, rippin engine sounds, hot women, just a hell of a good time. No wonder it set box office sales on fire, it's held the IMAX screen for 3 weeks now here. IIRC Rogue One was only there for 2 weeks. Guardians Of The Galaxy will take that honor on Thur.

Speaking of Guardians, the preview showed some excellently detailed CGI, this tech is really getting incredible. Looks to be a fun summer for action/adventure/scifi fans. Also saw previews for The Mummy, Spiderman, and Transformers, all look to be worth the price of a ticket on a big screen.

Top Bottom