• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

Shorty

Farewell, David.
And as music plays such a valuable role in your life, at this stage in your life I hope you may find inspiration, acceptance, consolation, in Kurt Elling’s wonderful A Happy Thought.
“Prepare, for what’s known here as Death. Have no fear, of that strange word: ’forever’. Even I can see there is nothing there, nothing there to be afraid of.’

and

Vaya con díos,

Bart

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear your plight.

Thanks for sharing your stories and insights!

Kind regards and Godspeed,

Rick

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Xulonn I am a stranger to you but I read your post with sadness. Best wishes from myself and my family.....

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My Peruvian artist friend and his family come daily with food, and do my laundry for me. I cannot stand up unaided, but I roll around in the "rollator"/walker shown in my initial post. I can use the bathroom, but need bed baths. I haven't left the house in two weeks, but sit in the morning sun at the front door.

I spend hours at the computer, but lurk and do not post. Basically, I am in cruise control, but hanging in there. Fortunately, I can still ride my stationary exercise bicycle, usually 20-30 minutes per day.

Last edited:

Sparky

Forum Donor
My Peruvian artist friend and his family come daily with food, and do my laundry for me. I cannot stand up unaided, but I roll around in the "rollator/walker shown in my initial post. I can use the bathroom, but need bed baths. I haven't left the house in two weeks, but sit in the morning sun at the front door.

I spend hours at the computer, but lurk and do not post. Basically, I am in cruise control, but hanging in there. Fortunately, I can still ride my stationary exercise bicycle, usually 20-30 minutes per day.
Well I am glad that you're being well supported and you're staying very positive! :)

You actually sound like you get more exercise than me and I'm a 43 year old electrician! :D

Walter

Not much to add that has not already been said, so I'll just say that I too have enjoyed your posts and hope that they continue for as long as possible. I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope it is not too severe. Were it not for that, your situation would actually be better than many your age. I wish you the best.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Wow, completely missed this, so sorry to hear @Xulonn . I can't add or improve upon what has already been said. Your posts may be missed, but your presence will hopefully guide us eternally.

Peace - Don

captainbeefheart

Although the tone of your goodbye has a D minor feel (known as the heartbreak key) it warms my heart to know there are such wonderful people out there taking care of you. There needs to be a lot more compassion in this world especially with the treatment of the elderly. Although I am a new member I have read your posts and want to thank you for your contributions as they will always be eternally with all of us.

I wish you the best and hope you enjoy every moment of that beautiful tube amp :)

formula 977

Is there anything that we, as a group, can do for you? Is your prognosis a fait accompli. Is it a matter of there being a resolution available for you or only those with the means. I don't like the thought of you, or us, giving up without a fight.
Sorry if you have already resigned yourself to fate, I just wanted to make sure that there is nothing to be done to snatch it from his hands.

There is one thing that concerns me. You started with a tube amp in 1958 and bought another tube amp 60 years later. Will you ever learn? :)

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Saddened to read this. I wish you the best. Every part of life is precious and need to be cherished and lived out as well as is possible. May you find peace and joy in these days.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Fortunately, I can still ride my stationary exercise bicycle, usually 20-30 minutes per day.

It's awesome that you are working at keeping yourself engaged.

Great to hear from you when you are up to it Dave. I have been enjoying your Ukrainian music posts, and hope you're basking in the glow of that sexy amp!

Any playlists or songs that you are particularly enjoying, beyond those you mentioned? That last sci-fi vid was pretty cool.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I feel at such a loss of words. The few posts I've exchanged with you left me with the feeling that you were someone special. Now there is no doubt. Enjoy that amp! ;)

Old Listener

I write this with sadness - likely the last post here for this 80 y/o audio hobbyist and music lover - as my beautiful 6CA7/6SN7 YarLand vacuum tube amplifier warms my tiny house. It's been a very good life.

View attachment 201905

I was sick two weeks ago, during which I fell (slowly, gently) twice and it took me more than an hour each time to get back up on a piece of furniture - no injuries. My neuropathy has taken a big turn for the worse. My mind is clear, but my body is fading. I have virtually no feeling in my fingers and can no longer walk - even with my rollator/walker (photo below) - so I sit in it like a wheelchair and shuffle around.

Truly wonderful friends - particularly Peruvian artist Richar Huisa, his wife and two daughters (mi familia en Panama) - are feeding me and assisting me, and showering me with love.

ASR has provided me with great pleasure for the past few years, and I want to thank all of you for making ASR the best internet audio community ever. I have spent hours here every day, and feel a wonderful, friendly connection with many of you

I will read responses to my post, but it will be too difficult reply to more than a few, if any.

Farewell, my friends. I will not be back unless a miracle occurs.

I'm sorry to hear about your severe health problems.

I'm a few years behind you and also facing a narrowing of possibilities due to health problems. It is good that you can look back and conclude that you have had a good life.

ASR has been a fine community. Veteran members life you formed a core of people who brought experience, knowledge and self restraint to the forum. Your input will be missed. Even if you can't post, I hope that you will be able to read other people posts.

I hope that you will be able to find interest and meaning in your life going forward.

freddi

perhaps some herbal blend like "Essiac" plus "B17" could somewhat ease your pain.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The few posts I've exchanged with you left me with the feeling that you were someone special.

Same here- my few exchanges highlighted very quickly that he is a quality dude.

Top Bottom