• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Xulonn, I congratulate you on your bravery and composure approaching life's final journey. Maybe it's a bit easier for me to to comprehend the profundity of these strengths given I myself am 77.

I'm blessed that my own health, though flawed, remains very good on a day-to-day basis. Nevertheless after a certain age one becomes aware of looming mortality; it's a credit to us older folk who will face it with calm resignation, hoping only to enjoy such simple satisfactions that might endure 'till the end.

Family and friends are indeed a great pleasure and consolation. I am blessed to have my wife of 46 years, and my son, daughter and grandsons. I'm also blessed to a have couple of cousins, (82 and 77), who have been life-long friends. Recently it was a joy too to be reconnected with dear friend with whom I had lost contact for over 50 years ago, (and with whom I was once in love).

Stay strong, Xulonn

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m very sorry to hear this.

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So sorry to hear your news, but, reading between the lines of your posts, you lived a good life full of fun and interest, and were a good friend to many. A man can't do better than that. You're a good 'un, and I hope you go gentle into that good night, and I hope you know you were loved and appreciated, and will be fondly remembered.

Jaanedo Dost

If your mind is still clear then reflect on your life. Try to forgive all the people that hurt you and mentally project love to all that helped you. Think about where you want to be born again next.

peanuts

the most important thing you can do is to repent your sins and examine the bible. if you put your heart and mind to this, you may be given everlasting joy. its true.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@Xulonn , so sorry to hear this! Your clear voice and clear thinking were always the hallmark of your participation on ASR. If it is that time, I hope that it’ll be a peaceful and painless one. Still hoping you’ll be back, but if not, you’ll be missed greatly, my friend!

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very sad to read this, really appreciated your contributions here, not only from content point of view but because they let shim through your fine human character. Sincerely hope your state will evolve better than expected and wish even for a little miracle as also medicine is evolving.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
@Xulonn it is very sad to hear what you're going through. I am hoping your health will take a turn for the better. Your situation reminds me of the quote from one of our fearless moderators @AdamG247:

Strive not for validation, but rather to be valued

Know that you and your contributions to ASR have been valued, and that you in your life outside of ASR have been valued.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will add my voice to your choir of admirers, @Xulonn . It's been a great pleasure "meeting" you on ASR and learning from you. Your many friends here, me among them, will miss you. Buen viaje, amigo.

Last edited:

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry to hear of this and am praying for you. Whenever I see that you post, I always take a look to see what it is that you are sharing. Because that is what you do: share wisdom and special memories and audio experiences. And that means a lot to us all.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Xulonn I’m am truly sorry to hear that you feel that your life is waning. I offer you and those you love the warmest of wishes. Like many others I have always found your contributions here to be extremely welcome and it is clear to me that you have many friends with you both in person and in spirit, and that is everything.

Last edited:

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@Xulonn /David,

Although we haven't had a lot of direct interaction (outside of a bit of 'team investigative work' a couple of years back via PM on a prolific troll situation haha ;) ), I, like many others here, have very much appreciated your posts at ASR over the years. No matter the topic, your posts were a pleasure to read, and always inspiring in one way or another—through your enjoyment of life, your wisdom, your courtesy and integrity, your insight and clarity of communication, and your shared reminiscences of so very many wonderful experiences. Thank you for sharing such riches with us all.

Who you are as a person shines through so clearly in everything you have written here, and in every interaction. I hope that you will have much more joy before you go, and that yours will continue to be a life lived fully and on your terms, surrounded by people you love and who love you. You're truly a blessing, Sir!

Top Bottom