• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Farewell my friends. Health is deteriorating - I'm fading out. (Updated - RIP)

raif71

Major Contributor
Yes, I do somewhat remember your posts. Very decent and full of points. Wasn't your avatar of a cat with mask? Good wishes and all the best to you. :)
Edit:
1650789621985.png

found this from cached

Last edited:

Zoomer

From what I can tell you have made a difference, not only here.
Thanks for sharing and may what remains be good and peaceful.

Burning Sounds

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm so sad to read this. @Xulonn has probably made more difference than he knows - it was after reading his story a few of years ago that my wife and I decided to look into moving to her family village in the mountains in Spain. It will be a much simpler life, we've just created a music room in the apartment and it will be a new experience for both of us as she has never lived there. We hope to make the move for about 6 moths later this year and see how it all goes.

Thanks for all your thoughtful posts and a bit of inspiration @Xulonn!

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Talk about a harsh reality check. Getting old and consciously witnessing your physical form fail sure is the most scary thing existent on this planet.

I do not know you personally but I do wish you the best all the same.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi @Xulonn. Happy to see you. I always liked your comments and was happy to see likes of yours on mines, when I deserved them.

This brave and sincere farewell puts you in a special place in my memory.

There is this wonderful easy in Thomas Mann's Doctor Faustus, in which it is explained why Beethoven didn't write a 3rd movement for his 32th piano sonata (op 111).... "because it was not necessary"

"one last caress... "

I've died and reborn so many times listening to this piece...

Un fuerte abrazo

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am at a loss of words. Very sad, yet, like the way , You, @Xulonn, are preparing yourself to exit this plane of existence. to quote @xaviescacs
This brave and sincere farewell puts you in a special place in my memory.
We are lucky to have known you.
Music will always be with you along the way...
Out thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peace my friend.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Thanks for the dignified and always quietly respectful posts you've contributed - always a pleasure to read and this forum needs people like you to bring sense to our wilder side :D

Is there any voice activated keyboard software you could use in lieu of typing? Anything to help you keep in touch with us all?

Take care - so glad you have friends to help you.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Xulonn you are one of the few members here @ ASR that I clicked on just to see what your commentary is about even if the thread did not interest me. Your steady, reliable and interesting commentary is appreciated and if this is it then you will be missed and well thought of. I've thought myself near death or dying a couple of times and had no time for farewells. Let's hope this is not it for you this time. Your farewell is greatly appreciated and I'm hoping that this passes but if it doesn't then Bon Voyage my friend.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Xulonn you are one of the few members here @ ASR that I clicked on just to see what your commentary is about even if the thread did not interest me. Your steady, reliable and interesting commentary is appreciated and if this is it then you will be missed and well thought of. I've thought myself near death or dying a couple of times and had no time for farewells. Let's hope this is not it for you this time. Your farewell is greatly appreciated and I'm hoping that this passes but if it doesn't then Bon Voyage my friend.
+1 to this. There are a few posters like Doodski I'll click just because of who they are. I too would do that with your posts.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+1

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Wow...how to find the words.

I have truly enjoyed sharing this little corner of cyberspace with you, and very much appreciate that you took the time to give us one final glimpse into your unique existence down there in beautiful Panama. Your consistently thoughtful posts made me both think and smile, and your legacy as one of our most special members (in the best way) is secure.

I hope you can peacefully enjoy these last steps on your journey of a life well lived, and thank you again for sharing as much of it as you did with us.

Vaya con Dios my friend.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I spend my days sleeping for a couple hours at a time - difficult with the leg and back pain. Then I get up for a slow, tedious journey to the bathroom, after which I go to the kitchen to drink some fluids. And then it is back to bed, or during the day, a few hours staying in the single living/kitchen room. Another sleep session and it will be morning, and a fresh home-made tropical fruit smoothie (liquado) will arrive via my friend Richar Huisa. His wife will prepare something like fresh fried local corvina on rice with lentils and a simple salad to bring to me later for lunch/dinner.

My Latino friends are adamant that I stay with friends and family and don't go to the sterile and impersonal institutionalized care (assisted living) 40km away in the regional capitol. They say "We will help you any way we can. Just ask."

It is said that the worst thing in life is to die alone. For any of you single seniors, I recommend that you make friends, and like me, a man with no children or living close relatives, create your own chosen family and help others while you can. Karma is real.

The response to me in this thread is overwhelming and confirms that I chose the right online community for not only sharing a hobby, but for online friendship to complement my real world. You guys are great.

And now back to bed for a few more hours.

Boquete - Brymer Jan 2016.JPG

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I pray for you to improve, throughout the time I have participated here not only have you been an interesting poster, your human warmth, decency and kindness has shone through everything you've written. Please know you have friends praying for you to get well and return!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
David, we never met, but I always considered you a friend. Your dignified and quiet intelligence has been a light in all of our collective existences. I dearly hope, perhaps in vain but hope nonetheless, that you might still pop up now and then and brings smiles to our faces. I wish that the last part of your interesting journey is in comfort and bathed in the love of your friends.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very sad to hear your health is deteriorating. I've always enjoyed your posts. I kept telling myself that if could keep my mind as sound and as articulate as yours when I reach your age, it would be a major win. You have been, and still are, an inspiration.

Top Bottom