• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fall Foliage Prediction Map

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Pretty neat and useful site showing at what stage fall foliage may be for US at different times:

https://smokymountains.com/fall-foliage-map/

upload_2017-9-5_18-48-54.png

davidB

We are in Vt, and the way to see our colour is to be ready to go at one or two days' notice, and have someone where you want to go call you. Those maps are batting about .187 for the last ten years(at being within a week before-any amount late gets you buzzed like a bad game show).
If any one here is thinking about Vt this year, I'll post a heads up. I can tell you where to go for a ride, hike(a walk if you're getting old), beer(we have the highest number of brewers per capita in NA),syrup,apples, cheese,etc. And ice cream that makes ben&jerry's look like the psuedohippie haagen-dasz it is.
But every year we get to see flatlanders desperately trying to see the first or the last leaf, 'cause they planned their trips ahead.
Ironically, if colour waits till October, we'll be in Pennsylvania midmonth for my dad's 90th. Had to miss his wedding last year, didn't think flu would be a nice gift.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Being on the west coast, it is a long trip for us but I definitely like to come to your neck of the woods one of these years. And yes, I have heard about the tricky timing. Our color changes aren't that abrupt but a big storm can come and wash the leaves down.

Top Bottom