• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fake ifi zen can power supply?

SeriousApple

What are the chances this is a fake power supply? Maybe even a fake unit lol The power supply is supposed to be 2.5 A
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is leading you to assuming that this is a fake power supply? Have you done testing with a voltmeter to see if it falls short of specs?

OP
SeriousApple

SeriousApple

What is leading you to assuming that this is a fake power supply? Have you done testing with a voltmeter to see if it falls short of specs?
I says right on the supply its 2.4 Amps also the cable of the power supply feels cheap as shit and also it doesn't say ifi on the power supply. I have checked online in some unboxing that it has to be ifi low noise power supply. Pretty sure its fake but im just checking with other people, if they might have received this fake power supply as well.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
SeriousApple

SeriousApple

Where was this purchased from? Reach out to iFi and see if they can replace it for you.
I dont think i wanna put them on blast. Maybe it was mistake or something. Im sending it back. Thanks :)

burrdmanjones

I bought it on Amazon and got the same power supply. I think it may just be iFi cutting costs? But, perhaps that’s just wishful thinking, and it is a fake unit haha

Top Bottom