• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Facebook is muting the video of an artist's own music

ajawamnet

They say he and I don't own it... even tho I've provided Copyright info from the LOC ; including numbers.

They mute it within seconds of it being posted - so this seems like their f'in AI algorithm is outta control. Yea, AI... when you get that ready - throw it in the back of my jet car ... oops never did figure out gravity - did ya? It took nature 14 billion years to get us this far - an that ain't sayin' much; notice how all the sat dishes looking for intelligence life are POINTING AWAY from the earth.

So... This is posted on a business page and the post in question I paid to "boost" and it's being delivered to potential fans with no audio. Like WTF?

8 days now.... what a crock ... I'll bet that Taylor Swift or Universal doesn't get their shit muted

post in question

The message we get:
http://www.ajawamnet.com/facebookDMCAnote.jpg

The artist clearly owns the material - there's no samples; and the artist has released it on other platforms in the past, including having it chart on radio:
see this: http://www.ajawamnet.com/ajawam/jfr/

Link to the song/vid they refuse to post - with the audio:
http://ajawamnet.com/sihe.mp4

Jon has played over 4,000 gigs here in the D.C. area. The song has been performed hundreds of times at various venues in the DMV

We've file so many DMCA counter notification that I can't recall the number... I purchased an ad for it on my Facebook business account - that's being delivered with the audio muted. Since I had purchased the ad, I was able to on-line chat with a Facebook concierge. I had two sessions with them, one for 2 hours and another for one hour, and got nowhere.

When asked if they were accusing us of stealing material, they tried to dance around the question by stating (direct quote - I have a transcript)

"... No one is accusing you of not ow ning it. But w e have to follow our process. ... That the reason w hy Facebook informed you that it "may contain". That means that if you really have the copyright of the song then provide us proof."

WE HAVE!!!

- multiple times since Tuesday, to multiple departments using their on-line forms for DMCA issues.

And with the copyright numbers for both the SR and PA copyright - -

from the US Copyright Office/LOC:
Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date:
PAu002870212 / 2004-06-08
Title: Fritzsongs.
Description: Compact disc.
Copyright Claimant:
John Mark Fritz, 1961-
Date of Creation: 2004
Names: Fritz, John Mark, 1961-

================================================================================
Type of Work: Sound Recording
Registration Number / Date:
SRu000590835 / 2005-06-27
Title: When it's over.
Description: Compact disc.
Notes: 10 selections.
Copyright Claimant:
℗ John Mark Fritz
Date of Creation: 2004
Authorship on Application:
sound recording: John Mark Fritz, 1961-, Wayne Mitzen,
1959-.