• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

F/S: Okto Research DAC8 Pro $900

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartinbout

Purchased 11\21 and enjoyed since day 1. Firmware 1.0 and mfg #5. This unit works flawlessly as a USB\8 channel XLR DAC. I never used the AES ports but was assured at the time of the purchase there was no issue.
No remote.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance costs plus any paypal fees.
P.S. I live in the US

Last edited:

feurkils

Took him up on this offer and can’t say it’s been a great experience.

Unit arrived well padded but one of the feet was totally unscrewed and floating around in the box and another foot was hanging on by a thread. These footers are aluminum with an oring that fits into a groove and one of the orings was missing. I’ve tightened things down and I’ll take a shot at finding the oring at the hardware store, maybe I’ll get lucky. Seller tried to find the oring but wasn’t successful.

Now, I guess it’s my bad I didn’t request better pictures (all I got were terrible cell phone pics), but there is really bad burn in on both screens. I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt but I should have opted for a video or more pics of the menu cycling.

Just FYI, if you own one of these, do not leave the screen on 24/7, it will burn in. Pavel can source replacement screens, but it’s a needless PITA if you can avoid it. Use the screen timeout features in the menus, makes this a non issue.

Now, I fully understand I’m buying something used and getting a deal because of that, and in fairness, it’s not something the seller noticed. BUT after letting him know about the issue he argued that it’s just part of buying used stuff and didn’t really care. Buyer beware kind of attitude. After going back and forth, he offered to have me send the unit back but not after patronizing me about how my opinion on the burn in was more or less ridiculous. I didn’t feel like losing $50 shipping over this BS so I’ve opted to keep the unit and replace the screens at some point.

I’ve outlined the price of replacing the screens ($65 shipped) to the seller to see if he’d be willing to work with me a bit on pricing and he’s not interested.

Maybe I’m out of line, but I’m advising this none the less: buyer beware with this guy should he sell stuff on here in the future.

OP
D

dartinbout

This whiney child had petty issues at every step of the process. It not only was infuriating but reinforced my low opinion of dealing with children. I have offered to refund him his money twice and yet he still whines like an 8 year old that dropped his ice cream cone. Hell at this point I'll pay the full price to ship it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom