• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extremely disgusting acoustics. I have to make a change.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Regarding carpet - in Israel with our amount of dust and our heat this is the most not recommended thing that can be done.
I think a big problem is the fact that I do not have a curtain on the window, at all and that my new closet from IKEA is 90% empty of clothes, because the room underwent a comprehensive renovation a few days ago.

Thank you for the comments, I think it would be wise to attach pictures of the room in the post, you will surely have more ideas.
You can buy a vacuum cleaner, right? A little vacuuming may well be worth it to get better sound?:)

Buy some cheap thick rugs at a flea market and try them out. If you do not want to spend too much money on furniture, also take the opportunity to buy some furniture at the flea market. Depends on your budget, your taste in interior design. Bookshelves with various things in them are smart, for the sound and of course to have books, things in them.

For my part, I am tired of the stripped-down, white modern living room. It should be colors and stuff. Example, I prefer this type of decor:

English-Country-Living-Room-with-Exposed-Wood-Ceiling-Beams-via-Amanda-Brooks-Architectural-Di...jpg

Compared to this, ..brr.:oops:

minimalist-white-room-niche-without-260nw-412374406.jpg

Rip City Dave

A quilt hanging from a curtain rod on one or two or even three walls can add some useful damping. They can look good, too! Also, the size of the quilt can be tailored for greater wall coverage while also maintaining esthetic proportions.

EdTice

A quilt hanging from a curtain rod on one or two or even three walls can add some useful damping. They can look good, too! Also, the size of the quilt can be tailored for greater wall coverage while also maintaining esthetic proportions.
Pretty much anything works vs a bare room. I closed on new construction right in the middle of the pandemic (April 2000) and couldn't get moved in right away. I setup audio in my non-furnished living room and I expected it to be pretty unpleasant. But it wasn't too bad with bookshelf speakers on the floor. I was expecting to have to put up some sort of acoustic panels. By the time the furniture was in, the room sounded better and I've done nothing else although I'm still trying to get my wife to by curtains. With just the addition of furniture, I was able to move the speakers to a more traditional height and I am happy enough with the sound that I probably wont' do anything else although I will get around to measuring with REW one of these days.

Top Bottom