• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Katji

Major Contributor
Is that the Maple Audio guy?

Audio Cable vendors today are claiming you need to let the cables sit for a week for best sound. Just one more excuse to not be able to properly test them.
There is enough reason to send them for testing.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Aerospace Engineering, the first class in AE at Virginia right around Kennedy’s announcement of US space program - theoretical propulsion, fluid mechanics, indeterminate structures, statistical thermodynamics, atomic physics, quantum mechanics came later. It’s really not that difficult.
If you indeed hold these prestigious qualifications you may be eligible for a custom Expert Tag. Please submit details of your qualifications, degrees, and experience directly and privately to @amirm in a PM. He will review said submission and grant the appropriate custom Expert/Scientist Tag for your account. :)

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Aerospace Engineering, the first class in AE at Virginia right around Kennedy’s announcement of US space program - theoretical propulsion, fluid mechanics, indeterminate structures, statistical thermodynamics, atomic physics, quantum mechanics came later. It’s really not that difficult.
It boggles my mind, how a person with that kind of background manages to be fooled by makebelieve advertisement and fall for the whole audioderp nonsense.

Sorry, just doesn't compute for me.

Geoffkait

If I indeed hold them? Ha ha That’s rich. Is a lie detector involved? :p

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is that the Maple Audio guy?

Audio Cable vendors today are claiming you need to let the cables sit for a week for best sound. Just one more excuse to not be able to properly test them.
Hi
The fellow whose cables needed to be securely attached and not moved or be exposed to vibrations, went on to co-found AVShorooms on YouTube or the web. I don’t know about his current whereabouts.

audio2design

Major Contributor
Hi
The fellow whose cables needed to be securely attached and not moved or be exposed to vibrations, went on to co-found AVShorooms on YouTube or the web. I don’t know about his current whereabouts.

Oh bloody heck. He fawns over his snake oil advertisers. It's sickening.

audio2design

Major Contributor
I don't dispute he has an aerospace engineering degree, bachelor levels. Most of those courses are rather standard fare that are listed or electives. Some people eventually believe their own lies if they tell them enough though w.r.t. other matters.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Well, as a matter of fact I am a rocket scientist and have done hundreds of experimental rocket tests. I will stand up to anyone with my qualifications. I have shot off literally hundreds of bottle rockets in different years 4th of July celebrations. I not only have the knowledge, There, no one can dispute that!

KeenObserver

Ok, I have for a few years now had Shunyata as the "King" of the snake oil sellers. They represent the worst of the worst. They have it all. Marketing material that is pure rubbish and techno nonsense by the bucket full. I always wish someone with deep pockets could sue them out of existence. Then I foolishly looked at some Audio rags, I mean mags yesterday and saw an ad for Synergistic Speaker Wire I think it was. $28,000 for an 8 foot length. I now have put them at the top tier with Shunyata as both companies need to be hounded out of business. They represent the worst of the audio world. I know I should not be surprised, but I still am at the overwhelming amount of rip off and scam artists that are dominant in the audio industry. Just thought I would mention it today.
Our "hobby" is dominated by low life's, criminals and scammers of the highest order. They are true professionals at their trade.

Absolutely!
Just look at what MQA is trying to do!

Grumpish

I take the view that a fool with that much money to spare absolutely needs to be parted from it before they can do any damage with it. I do often wonder, though, if these 10K+ cables actually exist, or are they just marketing vapourware dreamed up to get a company's name noticed?

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

And yet, if true, this is what you choose to do with it. Sort of like Linus Pauling's megavitamin therapy.

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why does this all sound so familiar?

"Adventurer, brain surgeon, rock musician Buckaroo Banzai and his crime-fighting team, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, must stop evil alien invaders from the eighth dimension who are planning to conquer Earth."

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok, I have for a few years now had Shunyata as the "King" of the snake oil sellers. They represent the worst of the worst. They have it all. Marketing material that is pure rubbish and techno nonsense by the bucket full. I always wish someone with deep pockets could sue them out of existence. Then I foolishly looked at some Audio rags, I mean mags yesterday and saw an ad for Synergistic Speaker Wire I think it was. $28,000 for an 8 foot length. I now have put them at the top tier with Shunyata as both companies need to be hounded out of business. They represent the worst of the audio world. I know I should not be surprised, but I still am at the overwhelming amount of rip off and scam artists that are dominant in the audio industry. Just thought I would mention it today.
Our "hobby" is dominated by low life's, criminals and scammers of the highest order. They are true professionals at their trade.

Well, for those are really rich, 28,000 for a cable is pretty much loose change. these items are catered for the extremely rich pple, just like designer bags thats cost over 100k, sports cars etc....

Top Bottom