• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Given the always glowing power conditioner, power chord, interconnect and speaker wire tests at ASR, I know most of us are buying $3,000 to $4,000 power chords, but for you cheapskates out there, see the TAS link below. I really think the Voodoo is the way to go!

Andysu

Major Contributor
this was fish and chips at the highest of high end fish and chips in the area i got two of them no longer use them replaced with 12 outlet
audiophiles don't know of luxury high end fish and chips 341618649_940689760687358_6734524918150437664_n.jpg plug connectors

10708720_10152721219470149_8964509885615625021_o.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
this was high end audio at fish and chips

1795616_10152207791160149_697561743_n.jpg

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Given the always glowing power conditioner, power chord, interconnect and speaker wire tests at ASR, I know most of us are buying $3,000 to $4,000 power chords, but for you cheapskates out there, see the TAS link below. I really think the Voodoo is the way to go!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: …..

Oh it never stops. The nonsense is endless.

And just below some links to Mikey Fremer articles, which I resisted to click in order to be spared even more nonsense as my forehead already hurt from the facepalms.

Wolf11Man

I do my own power cords for a reason. It is no good idea to run signal wires like phono or CD across and in parallel to power chords.
In narrow situations, like behind an AVR, this can not be avoided. So I use shielded cable from Lapp and high quality industrial connectors made in Europe for the power connection. The shield is only connected to the wall outlet side.
Another advantage: I can do them the exact length I need.
I did never measure such an installation A-B to a conventional, so don't ask for proof, but I feel better and this relaxes my listening experience. So this "sounds better" to me. 100% subjectively.

This wonder cable from Lapp is about 3-4€ per meter, the connectors are quite expensive at about 5-8€ the pair. If you want quality you have to spent a little more money, a well known fact...

Attachments

• lapp_oelflex_classic110cy3g.jpg
    lapp_oelflex_classic110cy3g.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

zhimbo

Forum Donor
"Venom 14 adds transient pop and image stability, opens the soundstage, and peels away the soft veiling that lowers transparency and resolution."

I don't subject myself to this sort of nonsense very often, so I'm always a little amazed that it's even sillier than I remember.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's best to put the audiophile cord in the 3-phase power, before the pole transformer. The iron in the pole transformer destroys the soundstage.

JiiPee

You have all got it completely wrong!

The cord itself is not important, but irreparable damage to sound quality is done already earlier in the power transmission chain from the power plant to Your home. Scientific studies by professor Vytautas Kusetus have clearly demonstrated that PELLE (Power Emission Long Line Effect) induced distortion is the *most important* single cause for sound quality deterioration.

Our new start-up enterprise is developing a groundbreaking solution consisting of an industrial grade POTTA (POwer Transfer Trough Air) sender for power plants, and user friendly sealed black box receivers that can be connected between the electrical outlet of Your home and Your HiFi equipment.

Last edited:

OCA

Forum Donor
With gigabytes of information in its memory banks (although limited to until the end of 2021), I wondered which companies ChatGPT believes sell snake oil:

1682847280628.png

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Is this a joke? Or real?

Subsequent posts recommending speaker treatments are misguided, you need to go back to the source. They reckon Shunyata Omega does the trick, being to render the chalk moist and restore liquidity. I wonder how often the liquidity tank needs refilling? I'll bet that bargain cable is just the loss leader for the pricey fluid.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OMFG

Reactions: MAB

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OMFG

''Given the major improvement that resulted from the full system, single manufacturer approach, I have concluded that many people that have tried cables, but found little success have failed because of their lack of attention to each aspect from wall to the power supply of each and every component. Based upon my experience, as I went up the Shunyata line of cables, I believe that another aspect that has resulted in many people failing to find improvement from cable selection is their unwillingness to spend large amounts of money on electrical cables and conditioners, so when they test they do so with lower level components.''

We're doing it all wrong folks. 'System not resolving enough'. End of.

dtaylo1066

You have all got it completely wrong!

The cord itself is not important, but irreparable damage to sound quality is done already earlier in the power transmission chain from the power plant to Your home. Scientific studies by professor Vytautas Kusetus have clearly demonstrated that PELLE (Power Emission Long Line Effect) induced distortion is the *most important* single cause for sound quality deterioration.

Our new start-up enterprise is developing a groundbreaking solution consisting of an industrial grade POTTA (POwer Transfer Trough Air) sender for power plants, and user friendly sealed black box receivers that can be connected between the electrical outlet of Your home and Your HiFi equipment.

Best of luck with your startup. Can I get on the purchase wait list? How much of a deposit do you need? Happy to send cash.

MAB

Major Contributor
OMFG

The thread is rich with gems:
The more length, the more they seem to impart their sonic characteristics.
So best to get super-long power cables, in fact the limit where power cable length approaches infinity seems the maximum benefit.

Top Bottom