• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Your answer to my multiple-choice question makes you semi-antisocial.
Although I agree with your answer, you failed in answering a multiple-choice Q by choosing BOTH answers.
I love Caveat Emptor but talking about the knee-of-the-curve is more socially accepted in geeky places to avoid accusations.;)
Awww only semi-anti social...lol. :D

irontortoise

Only if you like pizza sauce and pepperoni on your walls.
It wouldn't be the first time! Ever make pizza with an 8 year old? :confused:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It wouldn't be the first time! Ever make pizza with an 8 year old? :confused:
RFLMAO... I bought some chicken hearts and was teasing a buddies kid about them that I was sitting for one day and I cooked up maybe 20 chicken hearts and served them to him and he was grossed out. @ age ~6. I told him they will make him powerful and better at FPS computer games. :D He chewed one and never swallowed it... lol. I ate them... Nothing against a chewy chicken heart fried up. :D Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen.

irontortoise

RFLMAO... I bought some chicken hearts and was teasing a buddies kid about them that I was sitting for one day and I cooked up maybe 20 chicken hearts and served them to him and he was grossed out. @ age ~6. I told him they will make him powerful and better at FPS computer games. :D He chewed one and never swallowed it... lol. I ate them... Nothing against a chewy chicken heart fried up. :D Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen.
Haha! I love introducing my kids to "gross" food. Their reaction the first time we had whole crawfish is a priceless memory. Good times!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Haha! I love introducing my kids to "gross" food. Their reaction the first time we had whole crawfish is a priceless memory. Good times!
I've never had crawfish and ate lobster maybe 2 times but crab I've eaten so much of I'm not excited about it anymore. My parents served me beef heart when I was a kid that we got from butchering a steer.... I helped trim it, stuff it and prepare it for baking and I ate it... we cooked it to med rare and it was not so chewy... I was not a fussy kid... No fussyness was permitted in my family. I hated rice though... with soya sauce... freaking gross... When I worked for a Chinese chef in his fancy upscale restaurant for 2.5 years I told them my family always served white rice with soya sauce on it he cringed and said that's horrible and agreed with me that it is not good. He showed me what is supposed to go on rice and it's not soya sauce that's for sure... lol.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You left out the punchline... Was the secret sauce plain yogurt?:confused:
I eat plain yogurt and like the Greek style because it's firmer and tastier than that runny stuff. The secret sauce on rice was some sort of rare Chinese veggie that is sooper sooper bitter. Combine it with beef slices and black bean sauce and put it on rice and it is fabulous. Euro and Euro descendants don't usually eat bitter food but in Chinese cuisine it is like a whole other category of food.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Went to a sea food restaurant in Indian Rocks Florida. Scrub top tables beer by the pitcher cash only. Mixed sea food platter came with a knife and wooden mallet. When the food arrived there were a few empty pitchers. By the time we had got to the crab claw flesh the area looked like a war zone.

irontortoise

I eat plain yogurt and like the Greek style because it's firmer and tastier than that runny stuff. The secret sauce on rice was some sort of rare Chinese veggie that is sooper sooper bitter. Combine it with beef slices and black bean sauce and put it on rice and it is fabulous. Euro and Euro descendants don't usually eat bitter food but in Chinese cuisine it is like a whole other category of food.
You know, now that I think about it, the bitter veggies are kinda disappointing. I was kind of hoping for some form of sauce made from snakes: snake oil!

Yes, folks, I'm here all week. Please tip your waitress!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Went to a sea food restaurant in Indian Rocks Florida. Scrub top tables beer by the pitcher cash only. Mixed sea food platter came with a knife and wooden mallet. When the food arrived there were a few empty pitchers. By the time we had got to the crab claw flesh the area looked like a war zone.
That sounds like a very very good time. We have nothing like that where I live in a city of a million. When it comes to cuisine and cool places to eat we are a barren landscape here. There is one Chinese smorgasbord not far from where I live and they charge something like ~$70 per person @ dinner and from what I read the food is glorious and there are lots of foods to choose from. I've been meaning to go there but I never do. :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You know, now that I think about it, the bitter veggies are kinda disappointing. I was kind of hoping for some form of sauce made from snakes: snake oil!

Yes, folks, I'm here all week. Please tip your waitress!
Lol... No snakes just lots of whole cooked fish, crab 3 or 4 times a week because the wife of the chef loves crab so we all ate crab and a ton of the usual farm to table meats that we get. If he served snake I would of eaten it but I draw the line at insects. That guy could make anything taste good.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
That sounds like a very very good time. We have nothing like that where I live in a city of a million. When it comes to cuisine and cool places to eat we are a barren landscape here. There is one Chinese smorgasbord not far from where I live and they charge something like ~$70 per person @ dinner and from what I read the food is glorious and there are lots of foods to choose from. I've been meaning to go there but I never do. :D
Never had a better night out eating. The sea food was fantastic the hangover not so good.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Never had a better night out eating. The sea food was fantastic the hangover not so good.
I have not had a bad hangover or really much of any hangover for years. (Touch wood!) Lately I've been drinking wine spritzers and they hydrate the body as one drinks them. Rye doesn't give me any serious form of hangover because I drink a glass of water every 3 or 4 drinks but too much cheap beer does give me some morning tiredness. :D Not like my younger days where we raced jugs and pints and I was dang good at it and few if any beat me in a race.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I have not had a bad hangover or really much of any hangover for years. (Touch wood!) Lately I've been drinking wine spritzers and they hydrate the body as one drinks them. Rye doesn't give me any serious form of hangover because I drink a glass of water every 3 or 4 drinks but too much cheap beer does give me some morning tiredness. :D Not like my younger days where we raced jugs and pints and I was dang good at it and few if any beat me in a race.
Don’t get hangovers these days, more into wine than beer now. Maybe old age has some plus points?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don’t get hangovers these days, more into wine than beer now. Maybe old age has some plus points?
I've been through a fair amount of domestic Copper Moon Chardonnay lately because it's good for warm weather and potent enough to mix with soda water and still get a kick out of it. Cost is like $9 to $13 a bottle dependent on the store. I want to try some more expensive wines and must admit the most I've spent on wine is ~$25 a bottle for Valpolicella which is a fav of mine. I like a dry dry red a la Valpolicella and with white I don't like it too sweet.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I've been through a fair amount of domestic Copper Moon Chardonnay lately because it's good for warm weather and potent enough to mix with soda water and still get a kick out of it. Cost is like $9 to $13 a bottle dependent on the store. I want to try some more expensive wines and must admit the most I've spent on wine is ~$25 a bottle for Valpolicella which is a fav of mine. I like a dry dry red a la Valpolicella and with white I don't like it too sweet.
Sounds like a nice selection drinking some Sauvignon Blanc from a South African winery Zalze. Not the first variety I’ve had from that winery always good.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds like a nice selection drinking some Sauvignon Blanc from a South African winery Zalze. Not the first variety I’ve had from that winery always good.
I summered for 2 months in the Okanagan which is a wine growing valley in Western Canada (A extension of a desert all the way from Mexico.) and the orchard was like 10 feet from the house. I smelled grapes for 2 months and at night it was really nice with the orchard beside the house smelling up the place. There was frost mitigation devices, bird repelling devices that used shotgun shells to make scary noise and we tested the grapes as they grew and matured. They where very bitter when not ripe. Sauvignon Blanc is grown there as are some other varieties. It's a arid environment with large lakes for irrigation and the hot hot summer that I spent there I wore out 2 pair of sneakers because it was so hot the rubber soles just wore away like they where made of foam. I returned about 20 years ago and lived there for ~3 years and had a wonderful time skiing and cycling. I could go skiing in the day and come down into the valley and it would be ~15C and golfers where golfing. It's a very good weather climate and is becoming very popular with tech types who work remotely and can live anywhere they please. There's only a few places on earth with this kind of climate, geography and grape growing capability and I consider myself fortunate to have lived there for some time. When I was often drinking white wine I was buying domestics in a German style of white wine and some other inexpensive domestic wines but after I fell in love with Italian food I switched over to Italian made dry red wine for meals and for sipping. Now I just use white wine for hot weather as I mentioned previously. Long live tasty wine! :D

Top Bottom