• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Andyg400

I thought we could all enjoy this ...

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I also enjoy the typical pseudo scientific white board on that video :p

The BEST SOUNDING HiFi _AIR_ is made in Germany 20-28 screenshot.png

MarkS

Major Contributor
Looks more like an intrinsic field subtractor to me ...

Holmz

Major Contributor

It would be nice if they are going to be spruiking their gear as having better (lower) capacitance and impedance, then they should show those values.

But I do suspect that these cables would lower dielectrics and lower capacitiance.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It would be nice if they are going to be spruiking their gear as having better (lower) capacitance and impedance, then they should show those values.

But I do suspect that these cables would lower dielectrics and lower capacitiance.
If it is truly German, it should actually increase dialectics or Hegel will curse them!

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
This is the Samson equipment/storage rack from a company called 'Mapleshade'. The 'vibration control' is supposed to 'improve the sound quality of your music expreience'!! It can be yours for only $1,727.00. Get 'em while you can, they're going fast!

Attachments

• samson.jpg
    samson.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 73

CapMan

Major Contributor
I also enjoy the typical pseudo scientific white board on that video :p

View attachment 221581
Oh my God - the cable is DANCING !!!

So many clever engineering solutions to problems created by the impractical elephant trunk of a cable - like the angle adjustable connector.

4m speaker cables - a snip at £21,000

Last edited:

Andyg400

Apprently fail the AB test,, but the risers not ... he was confused.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Exactly.
They are well made and have some basis for being good…

So they are not snake oil like other things are.
So you think cable risers are good and not snake oil? He said in the video that it was not an ABX test.

Last edited:

Holmz

Major Contributor
So you think cable risers are good and not snake oil? He said in the video that it was not an ABX test.

We were talking about the cables…
Look at post numbers 1106 and 1110.

But even if the inductance and capacitance were lower, do we think that a power amp has a hard time driving a cable?

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How else is the roomba going to vacuum correctly?;)
Didn't think of it, plus GR-Research says cable risers open the soundstage and YouTubers are absolutely experts! ;)

What’s up with Audiophile Cable Risers?​

But even if the inductance and capacitance were lower, do we think that a power amp has a hard time driving a cable?
I think the Inakustik cable is some of the most laughable snake oil, the lower capacitance does nothing to the sound.

Holmz

Major Contributor

I think the Inakustik cable is some of the most laughable snake oil, …

However in the context of say comparing a battery biased dielectric and “No dielectric,” they at least are achieving the claim that they are reducing the amount dielectric.

Well I asked the question of:

… the lower capacitance does nothing to the sound.

So I will accept your answer as a “No”… and I also agree.

DonR

Major Contributor
Didn't think of it, plus GR-Research says cable risers open the soundstage and YouTubers are absolutely experts! ;)
Surely, cable risers "lift" the soundstage and "raise" the veils.

If you can't beat them then point and laugh at them, I always say.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the Samson equipment/storage rack from a company called 'Mapleshade'. The 'vibration control' is supposed to 'improve the sound quality of your music expreience'!! It can be yours for only $1,727.00. Get 'em while you can, they're going fast!
In the work de of HEA, this is an ultra cheap equipment stand. HRS has one for $29,000.oo … :rolleyes:

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Surely, cable risers "lift" the soundstage and "raise" the veils.
Imagine the impact of moving the stereo system from the basement to the first floor, the veils won’t know what hit them!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Imagine the impact of moving the stereo system from the basement to the first floor, the veils won’t know what hit them!
Too close to the kitchen; this might invalidate the industry standard* spouse even heard the difference while doing the dishes test.

Of course, prior to the standardization of methodology, there were competing, conflicting standards, driven by marketing no doubt.

1660048948173.png

:cool:

Top Bottom