• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Seems like TEO Audio does not know the first thing about the relevant audio science, especially loopback testing. An astounding feat of audiophoolery for our entertainment and the well-deserved tribulation of those who part with the money. Not liquid mercury though.

"Before moving on to the listening experience, I refer the reader who wishes to know more about the principals behind TEO Audio, Taras Kowalczyszyn and Ken Hotte, to my review of the TEO Audio Liquid Pre, wherein I discuss Taras’s background in vibration control affecting sound and Ken’s experimentation with the liquid conductor. The conductor “fluid” is a eutectic blend of three metals, Gallium, Indium and Tin! It is the replacement substance for Mercury thermometers.

"I wonder whether there is a wire in existence that could better the Liquid Cable? I have tried so many cables, and kept the best ones, that by now I have pushed the envelope quite far in an attempt to elicit outer edge performance from them. When I take some of the best sounding cables over 15 years, ones I have used on numerous systems, and find the Liquid Cable to make them sound smeared, time-misaligned, cloudy, tonally flat and dynamically compressed in comparison, what else am I to conclude? Certainly, I’m not encouraged to pay multiples the cost of the Liquid Cable to find a wire that sounds better. Indeed, that would seem to me to be a fool’s errand.

"Splash Rs Silver Interconnect 1m pair $2,500; each additional .5m $500
Splash Rc Copper Interconnect $/1m pair $2,300; each additional .5m $400

"TEO Liquid Standard Speaker Cable MkII:
1.5m pair $11,725
2.0m pair $16,500
2.5m pair $21,000"
Source: https://www.dagogo.com/teo-audio-liquid-cables-review/

Certainly a fool's errand with these prices!

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Unfortunately these will not work because:
1). Microwave conditioning of power chord method will make you music "feel less alive and muted"
2). Conditioning power chord via toasting may be detrimental as your will lose the 3-D soundstage and it just adds unnecessary Veils

Slow cooking in a slow cooker you can add a pinch of Dead Sea salt or Hamalayan salt and that will help make the sound less bland/tinny. If you want some warmth and punch then add some Carolina Reaper pepper (not too much or your low end will become dominant). You can put a drop of Snake Oil and that always helps lift a couple of layers of veils "does no harm" to signal(1s will always be 1s and 0s will always be 0s).

I am holding out until I can find a power chord and interconnects that contain liquid mercury as the signal transport. Until then the slow cooker it is for me!
Dead Sea salt?! They ain't gonna sound very lively after that treatment.
:cool:

CS Brown

I must thank you for that! I have needed that kind of laugh today! My favorite quote from that senseless diatribe:

"When you replace your existing interconnect cables with Liquid Cable, different recordings simply sound more different "

I was a bit dismayed when I saw that someone had discovered the Bybee stuff before I could post it,(I found that site years ago... absolute comedy gold!). Still, if you have not seen his entire product range I highly advise it. The further you scroll, the funnier it gets: https://bybeetech.com/products/#purifiers–diy-and-oem

Even better is this, um, "reviewer" who heaps praises upon ol' Bybee and his wares for the scientific miracle both they, and he, are: https://www.dagogo.com/bybee-technologies-quantum-products-review/

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I must thank you for that! I have needed that kind of laugh today! My favorite quote from that senseless diatribe:

"When you replace your existing interconnect cables with Liquid Cable, different recordings simply sound more different "

I was a bit dismayed when I saw that someone had discovered the Bybee stuff before I could post it,(I found that site years ago... absolute comedy gold!). Still, if you have not seen his entire product range I highly advise it. The further you scroll, the funnier it gets: https://bybeetech.com/products/#purifiers–diy-and-oem

Even better is this, um, "reviewer" who heaps praises upon ol' Bybee and his wares for the scientific miracle both they, and he, are: https://www.dagogo.com/bybee-technologies-quantum-products-review/
''EU users can use a plug adapter on the units without problems, as the units do not draw a current. They are designed to activate the internal technology with energy rather than current, thus creating both an electric and magnetic field. When activated the units effect the air molecules in the room, rendering them compliant to sound waves. The results are astounding, with improved resolution, sound stage and overall musicality. Listening room issues prior to installation of the ARNs are nearly obsolete.''

M00NMAN

There are flaws still for each of these claims:

SILVERY HIGHS, but mellower; a great deal of glare and edge gone, <- my sunglasses with mirror coating do a better job to take the glare off when I listen to my system

LOUDER with less distortion. Added overall clarity and transparency, that is: <- my hearing aid is already paid by insurance no need to spend a fortune for clarity and transparency

SUBJECTIVE sound level is greater and the equipment can deliver higher sound pressure at lower perceived distortion. <- has anyone measured the sound pressure? What is the recommended PSI?

PRESENCE, especially human voices, is enhanced. -> too bad bird sounds are not enhanced, at this price point this is disappointing

M00NMAN

So, connect Anode to my LEFT ear and Cathode to my RIGHT ear and then what?
images.jpeg

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So, connect Anode to my LEFT ear and Cathode to my RIGHT ear and then what?
Then you have a short circuit in cognitive bias naturally, depends on if people think that this is a positive effect in practice :cool:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
''EU users can use a plug adapter on the units without problems, as the units do not draw a current. They are designed to activate the internal technology with energy rather than current, thus creating both an electric and magnetic field. When activated the units effect the air molecules in the room, rendering them compliant to sound waves. The results are astounding, with improved resolution, sound stage and overall musicality. Listening room issues prior to installation of the ARNs are nearly obsolete.''
There’s no magnetic field without current.

Top Bottom